What is the Site Visitor API?
The Site Visitor API enables the firmographic identification of a site visitor, in real-time, across a variety of firmographic attributes. The firmographic data can be used to enable the personalization of your website, to power chatbots, generating enhanced analytics to analyze site traffic, or use with other applications in your organization.
The Site Visitor API provides you with the following features and benefits:
- Website traffic deanonymization - people to account-level data.
- Understand visitors by company name, domain, size, revenue, and industry.
- Integration with Google Analytics.
- Ingestion of real-time data into Hushly, Reactful, and Uberflip for personalization.
- Helps you to inform your business decisions. For example, your content strategy.
- Use the Site Visitor API data as input for your company data warehouse.
- Your Business Intelligence team can use that data for lookalike modeling or alerts.
Who is eligible to access the Site Visitor API?
The Site Visitor API is included for customers with a Professional or Ultimate subscription package at no additional cost. Customers with a Starter or Standard subscription package can purchase the Site Visitor API as an add-on.
To find out what subscription package you have, login to the RollWorks platform and visit the Plan and Usage page under Settings.
How do I set up the Site Visitor API?
Before you start, you must have a properly configured and installed RollWorks Pixel on your website.
- Login to the RollWorks platform and Navigate to 'Settings'
Select ‘Site Visitor Data’ to begin your set-up. From here, you can select the following:
- 'Send data with Google Tag Manager'
- 'Send directly to Google Analytics'
- 'Do not send data to Google Analytics' - If you are using Hushly, Reactful, or Uberflip for personalization, you will want to select 'Do not send data to Google Analytics
- Locate your API Attribute Key on the right side
- To finish your Site Visitor API set-up, navigate to the following guides for partner-specific instructions:
Refer to this API documentation for additional technical information on how to set up the Site Visitor API and a Glossary of Site Visitor API attributes.
Site Visitor API FAQs
What kind of data is available via the Site Visitor API?
Site Visitor API provides the following firmographic attributes:
- Company Name
- Company Size (Employees)
- Company Revenue
Refer to this API documentation for a Glossary of Site Visitor API attributes available to you.
What makes our data different from other options in the marketplace?
We utilize a variety of data sources including, IP data, 3rd party data, and user-submitted data from our co-op to determine the firmographic profile of a website visitor. This approach results in more robust deanonymization capabilities than relying solely on IP data.
Can the Site Visitor API pull data retroactively?
You can pull data from the start date of when your Site Visitor integration is completed, onwards. Data prior to the integration start date will not be available.
What partner applications can ingest Site Visitor API data?
The following applications can ingest data from the Site Visitor data:
Can I add additional attributes to the Site Visitor API?
We'd love to learn more about your needs and use cases. Please reach out to your Account Manager with any inquiries about additional attributes.