What is the Postal Integration
The Postal integration for RollWorks allows you to inform your direct mail and gifting strategy using RollWorks’ account data. The RollWorks/Postal integration operates through HubSpot and enables mutual customers to use RollWorks’ account data to create automated workflows in HubSpot for sending direct mail and gifts to prospects and customers.
The integration provides you with the following features and benefits:
- Improve your direct mail and gifting strategies by using account advertising & website data paired with machine learning.
- Automate adding contacts to direct mail and gifting campaigns when the account satisfies fit, intent, and engagement criteria you customize.
RollWorks data available
The RollWorks/Postal integration operates through HubSpot, so you can use the available Account-level RollWorks data attributes that we push to your HubSpot CRM. Click here to learn what RollWorks attributes are available in HubSpot.
Good to know:
- Only RollWorks data aggregated at the Account level can be used to power this integration.
- RollWorks data at the contact level is not available to power this integration.
Who can access
In order to use RollWorks data in your Postal direct mail and gifting campaigns you must have the following:
- An active RollWorks package: Starter, Standard, Professional, or Ultimate.
- An active Postal subscription.
- An active HubSpot subscription: Marketing Hub Professional/Enterprise, Enterprise Sales Hub Professional/Enterprise, Service Hub Professional/Enterprise, Operations Hub Professional/Enterprise.
To find your current subscription, log in to RollWorks and navigate to Settings > Billing > Plans & Usage.
Integration set up
Step 1. Before you start
- The RollWorks/Postal integration operates through HubSpot only. The integration does not currently support Salesforce at this time.
- Postal triggers do not work off of HubSpot Deal-based workflows. They can be set up to start a Subscription, Send An Item, or stop a Subscription.
- RW attributes available are aggregated at the Account level, contact level data is not available.
Step 2. Connect HubSpot to RollWorks
Follow the instructions in this Help Center article to connect your RollWorks Account to HubSpot.
Step 3. Connect HubSpot to Postal
Follow the instructions in this Postal.io Help Center article to connect your Postal account to HubSpot.
Step 4. Create a Postal trigger for your HubSpot workflow
Log in to Postal.io and create a trigger for your HubSpot workflow. By setting up this trigger in Postal you will:
- Select the item that you will be mailing or gifting.
- Select the Postal action that you would like to trigger: start a Subscription, Send An Item, or stop a Subscription.
- Learn more about how to add Postal actions to HubSpot Workflows.
Step 5. Configure your HubSpot workflow to trigger based on changes to RollWorks company properties
The way to automate Postal actions using RollWorks account data is by creating HubSpot Workflows:
- Within HubSpot Workflows, you can trigger a Postal action (start a Subscription, Send An Item, or stop a Subscription) when a RollWorks property meets a condition you specify.
- RollWorks data syncs to the Company object in HubSpot, so you must use the Company properties filter type when configuring the enrollment trigger.
- From there, you can select a trigger using any combination of RollWorks data with any other data you have in HubSpot.
- Trigger Postal sends and subscriptions when an account is added to an Account List based on ICP fit grades, Bombora Company Surge intent, RollWorks Keyword Intent, or Journey Stage.
- Automate gift sending to key stakeholders when target accounts reach certain engagement thresholds.
- Initiate a Postal gift when an Account Spikes.
For best results, we recommend adding a contact property filter with an “AND” condition in the HubSpot Workflow trigger event definition. For example, when an account reaches a given Journey Stage, you may want to only trigger a Postal send to contacts whose job title matches “CEO” (instead of triggering a send to all known contacts from that account).