RollWorks offers you different types of Intent data, both proprietary like Keyword Intent and licensed by market-leading partners like Bombora and G2. Considering that ~85% of your target accounts are likely not in-market right now you should combine multiple types of Intent data to triangulate true buyer intent to purchase and target the accounts that are showing intent signals.
We recommend using multiple sources of intent
Continue reading this article to learn how to use Bombora Company Surge® Intent in RollWorks, or click here to learn fundamentals about intent signals.
Who can access
Bombora Company Surge® Intent is included as part of your RollWorks account with varying intent data allotments based on your specific package.
The maximum number of Intent Topics you can monitor and the maximum number of Accounts demonstrating Intent we will surface depends on your RollWorks package as follows.
|Your RollWorks package||Max number of Intent Topics||Max number of Accounts demonstrating intent we will surface|
|Starter||5||You can see the top 10 accounts showing intent per week, regardless of whether they are included in your Account Lists.|
|Standard||10||You can see 40% of accounts demonstrating intent regardless of whether they are included in your Account Lists.|
|Professional||15||You can see 40% of accounts demonstrating intent regardless of whether they are included in your Account Lists.|
|Ultimate||20||You can see 40% of accounts demonstrating intent regardless of whether they are included in your Account Lists.|
Any RollWorks package AND a direct contract with Bombora
|100||You can see 100% of accounts demonstrating intent regardless of whether they are included in your Account Lists.|
What is Bombora Company Surge® Intent
RollWorks has partnered with Bombora, the market-leading Intent data provider so you can use Bombora Company Surge® intent as part of your RollWorks subscription to uncover in-market accounts early in the buying cycle, optimize your advertising budget, and align marketing and sales.
- Bombora Company Surge® captures the buying signals of nearly 4 million unique domains via 16.4 billion interactions a month, across more than 5,000 B2B sites.
- Bombora Company Surge® captures what products and services web users are interested in based on their content consumption. When web users are engaging with content and researching online, this demonstrates a level of interest in the topics consumed.
What are Bombora Intent Topics
Download the list of Bombora Intent Topics
Click here to download the full list of Bombora Company Surge Intent Topics. Last version Galapagos 9/12/2023.
Bombora Company Surge® intent signals are measured using Intent Topics that represent the categories used to classify the content that web users are researching across the web. Intent Topics are a predefined list of concepts and company names that describe the nature of the online content that users are consuming related to B2B products and services.
Read this Bombora guide to learn how intent topics are derived, and how to best select them to make the most of the number of intent topics included in your RollWorks package.
What are Bombora Intent Levels
An Intent Topic is considered "surging" when there is an increased consumption compared to the historical baseline. This is achieved by detecting how many users from an organization are researching relevant Intent Topics, how frequently, and how in-depth they’re researching compared to their normal activity, to accurately detect when an organization is actively researching a topic and in the market to make a purchase.
This is how it works:
- Bombora Company Surge® measures aggregated Account-level intent over a 3-week period relative to a 12-week baseline to determine if a company is showing an increased interest in a specific Intent Topic against the baseline.
- An Intent Topic is given a score of 0-100, and if the topic gets a score of 60 or above, then it’s considered a surging Intent Topic. RollWorks translates these scores into Intent Levels of “Medium”, “High”, or “Very High”.
- Bombora uses machine learning to categorize the Intent Topics into a predefined list you can choose from.
- Bombora Company Surge data is updated weekly.
- RollWorks surfaces historical Intent data on Accounts for the last 90 days starting on the date you enter your Intent Topics in the RollWorks platform. If you reset your Intent Topics, a new 90-day lookback window restarts.
Choose your Bombora Intent Topics
Before you can view which accounts are surging with intent you first have to select the list of intent topics you want to monitor with RollWorks. The number of Intent Topics you can monitor depends on your RollWorks package.
Choose the different Intent Topics you would like to monitor following these steps:
- Log in to RollWorks and navigate to Insights > Intent Data.
- Click the tab called Company Surge.
- Click Edit Topics.
- Select your desired Intent Topics from the options available. The options available are a pre-set list of topics categorized by Bombora.
How to select your Intent Topics
- Click Save.
- After you save your Intent Topics it may take up to 24 hours to populate in the RollWorks Platform.
Best Practices to choose Bombora Intent Topics
Choose Intent Topics that relate to the core of your business: your brand, your business name, the name of your product lines, your services, and key functions your business performs.
Don't be too broad: focus on topics that really signal interest in your products and services.
|RollWorks, Account-based Marketing|
|Choose Intent Topics that relate to your competitors and partners: your competitor's brand names and your partner's brand names, and the name of their services or products.||HubSpot, LinkedIn, Marketo, Bombora|
|Choose Intent Topics for the primary industries and verticals you focus on: You can also include any capabilities or use cases you have for those industries.||Account-based Marketing, Demand Generation-Lead Management, Sales-Sales Acceleration.|
|Choose Intent Topics that relate to the pain points, challenges, or business outcomes that matter to your key buyer personas.||Customer Advocacy, Customer Acquisition, Effective Selling, Lead Tracking.|
Watch this short video below for a walkthrough on how to set up Bombora Intent Topics in the RollWorks platform.
Find accounts demonstrating Bombora Intent
You can see which Accounts in your account lists are demonstrating Bombora Company Surge® Intent directly in the RollWorks platform:
- Log in to RollWorks and navigate to Insights > Intent Data.
- Click the tab called Company Surge.
- The Accounts demonstrating intent will be listed and the number of accounts shown to you will vary based on your RollWorks package. Learn more here.
How do we surface Accounts demonstrating intent?
- The accounts included under Accounts Demonstrating Intent are limited to the Bombora Intent Topics you enter in RollWorks.
- RollWorks surfaces historical intent data on accounts for the last 90 days starting on the date you entered an Intent Topic in the RollWorks platform.
- If you change your Bombora Intent Topics a new lookback window starts.
- The maximum number of accounts demonstrating intent we will show you depend on your RollWorks package. Click here to learn more.
View intent topics surging for a specific account
If you want to see the Intent topics surging for a specific Account you can do so by clicking on the Account name anywhere in the RollWorks platform to open the Account details page. Click the 'Intent Data' tab to see the specific Bombora Company Surge® Intent Topics the account is surging on during the selected time period. In addition to Bombora Intent, this view also includes RollWorks Keyword Intent.
This information at the account level is useful for Sales reps when using the Sales Insights widget and looking at an account to customize their outreach and messaging.
In the example below the account Vandelay is surging on different intent topics, including some competitors, this can give an indication to the sales rep that the account is further down the buying process and also can help them prepare for the next conversation or outreach to talk about competitive
If you want to view intent signals for all accounts and not only for a specific account navigate to Insights > Intent Data.
Create an intent-based Account List
Click here for an interactive demo to create an intent-based Account List using Bombora Company Surge and RollWorks Keyword Intent.
- Log in to RollWorks and navigate to Insights > Intent Data > Company Surge.
- Click Create an Intent-based Account List.
On the next screen adjust the Intent logic as needed:
- Intent Level: What is the level of intent an account was showing?
- Intent Signal Recency: How recently was an account showing intent in my selected topics?
- Intent Topics: What specific topics was the account demonstrating intent in?
- Click Done.
- Enter the Account List Name.
- Select the List Settings:
- 'Dynamic' to update the list dynamically based on the data sources you selected.
- 'Static' this list will not update dynamically and it will only include accounts that met the criteria upon saving.
Advertise to Accounts demonstrating Intent
You can use Bombora Company Surge data to engage the accounts in your Account List with digital ads. Follow the instructions below based on your RollWorks package:
|Your RollWorks Package||How do I engage Accounts demonstrating Intent?|
|Free||Upgrade to a RollWorks ABM package. Learn more here.|
|Any paid package||
1. Choose your Account-level Intent Topics. Learn how-to here.
2. Create an Account List and add logic to layer Intent Topics. Learn how-to here.
Launch an Account Targeting Playbook. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Account Targeting Playbook Guide to complete the setup and launch.
Only for Standard, Professional or Ultimate
1. Choose your Account-level Intent Topics. Learn how here.
2. Create an Account List. Learn how-to here.
3. Launch an Intent Targeting Playbook. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Intent Playbook Guide to complete the setup and launch.
Bombora Intent FAQs
How long does RollWorks surface historical data on Accounts showing intent?
RollWorks surfaces historical intent data on Accounts for the last 90 days starting on the date you enter your Intent Topic in the RollWorks platform. If you change your Intent Topics a new lookback window starts.
Can I request to have an Intent Topic added if the one I need is not available?
Bombora continuously evaluates and makes improvements to the topic taxonomy every 1-2 months to reflect customer suggestions and industry trends. If you are interested in requesting a new topic, please submit this form. If the topic is approved, Bombora will start creating it which will take 6-9 months.
Why is an Intent Topic not showing for a specific account?
When an account is not surging with Intent for a specific topic it simply means that relative to the research baseline we’ve established for that account against this specific topic, the account has not gone above this baseline in terms of their research/behavior.
For example, you may know that an account is looking at a competitor and they are in a late-stage opportunity with both your company and your competitor because your prospect has v shared this information with you. However, relative to how Intent is measured, the activity your prospect company is doing against your competitor may not be significant enough to warrant an Intent surge.
Below is a visual to conceptualize this.
Can I use the Intent data I have purchased directly from Bombora if I have a contract with them?
Yes, you can use the Intent data you have purchased directly from Bombora in RollWorks. Our Account Intent Playbook will allow you to seamlessly engage these high-intent accounts through pre-programmed campaigns. Work with your Bombora Account Team to see if your current contract with Bombora grants you more intent topics than the number of Intent Topics included with your RollWorks package. to select at a time, as well as a higher percentage of accounts demonstrating high intent.
Is it possible for an individual user to show intent and at the same time for their Account not to show intent?
Yes, it is possible. For example, if Jane Doe who works at RollWorks has consumed content around Account-Based Marketing, she may be showing intent at a user-level, but RollWorks cannot identify that other users at the same account are consuming the same topic, the overall RollWorks Account may not surge with company-level intent. Account intent and user intent data are measured differently. Learn more about how account intent signals are measured here.
What does "Last Activity" mean on the Bombora Company Surge tab? How often is the Intent data updated?
"Last Activity" represents the most recent date on which the account consumed content related to the corresponding intent topics. This data is refreshed weekly on Monday nights.