What is Account Scoring
Account Scoring is a RollWorks feature that leverages machine learning to create a predictive model based on your Ideal Customer Profile identifying patterns in the firmographic, technographic, and geographic attributes that make up your best customers. This model is then used to score the accounts in the RollWorks database giving them an ICP Fit grade from A (highest fit and closest resemblance to your ICP) to grade F (lowest fit and less resemblance to your ICP).
- The first step is syncing a training data set to RollWorks. This training data set should be a list of accounts that are your best customers. You can dynamically sync your training data set from your CRM or upload a list manually. Learn more about how to sync your ICP Model training data set to RollWorks in this article.
- After you complete step 1, our machine learning uses a predictive model to determine the firmographic, technographic and geographic attributes that make up your best customers, generating an Ideal Customer Profile Model.
- Finally, we will use the Ideal Customer Profile generated in step 2 to grade all the accounts in the RollWorks database and in your Account Lists. Each account is given an ICP Fit Grade from A (highest fit) to grade F (lowest fit).
You collect a list of accounts that make up your best customers or that your senior management has defined as the best-fit accounts for your organization. This is your training dataset.
Using your training data set, RollWorks leverages machine learning to identify the firmographic and technographic attributes that are most common in your training dataset. These firmographic attributes are indicative of your Ideal Customer Profile.
Using your unique Ideal Customer Profile Model we use machine learning to grade all the accounts in the RollWorks database and in your Account Lists. We will give each account an ICP Fit Grade from A (the highest fit) to F (the lowest fit). ICP Fit Grade determines the fit of an account and how closely it resembles your Ideal Customer Profile.
The ICP Fit grades given to accounts are unique, based on the unique training data you sync to RollWorks. Depending on your package you will be able to sync multiple training data sets to create different ICP Models, for example for different business units or product lines.
ICP Fit Grades
Fit Grade (A to F)
What does it mean?
Higher ICP Fit Grade (A & B)
The accounts scored with a higher ICP Fit Grade share more characteristics (or fit attributes) with the best customer profile built by the predictive model using your Ideal Customer Profile:
Lower ICP Fit Grade (C, D, E & F)
The accounts scored with a lower ICP Fit Grade have the least commonalities with the firmographic and technographic attributes of your ICP, keep this in mind when launching advertising and optimizing your budget.
Account Scoring provides you with the following features and benefits:
- Prioritize accounts using advanced machine learning: Let data-backed methods find accounts that share similar fit attributes and focus your resources on accounts more likely to close.
- Optimize budget allocation: Increase your account-based program ROI with smarter targeting and more effective engagement by prioritizing resources towards your highest scoring accounts.
- Create Account Lists based on fit: After all the accounts are scored you can create Account Lists and Account Groups that resemble your ICP for better segmentation and prioritization.
- Segment your existing Account Lists by identifying the accounts with the highest 'ICP Fit Grade'.
- Supplement an existing Account List by adding the highest 'ICP Fit Grade' accounts.
- Discover new unknown accounts that fit your ICP and that aren’t on your CRM by creating Account Lists using 'RollWorks Company Attributes' and 'ICP Fit Grade' attributes.
- Marketing & Sales Alignment: Leverage RollWorks ICP Fit Grade in Salesforce or HubSpot for reporting and workflow purposes and work off a common prioritized account list for maximum impact.
Who can access
Customers with any RollWorks subscription package have access to Account Scoring: Starter, Standard, Professional and Ultimate.
- The number of Ideal Customer Profile models that you can create will vary based on your subscription package.
- The total number of Account Discovered by using ICP scoring models and RollWorks attributes is limited by your RollWorks subscription package.
Assess the fit of your Accounts
To assess the fit of your account lists you need to complete the following steps:
- Create an ICP (Ideal Customer Profile) Scoring model in RollWorks. Find detailed instructions in this help center article.
- Create at least one Account List in RollWorks. Learn more about what are Account Lists are and how to create Account Lists in RollWorks.
After you complete these two simple steps RollWorks will automatically grade all the accounts in our database and in your Account Lists using your ICP scoring model.
ICP Fit Grades will be available for all accounts in the RollWorks database in approximately 4 hours after you create or update an ICP Model. Your Account Lists will show 'Grading in Progress' until the scoring process has been completed.
Switch between ICP Models
The ICP Fit grades given to accounts are unique, based on the unique training data you sync to RollWorks. Depending on your package you will be able to create multiple ICP Models, for example for different business units or product lines.
If you have created more than one ICP scoring model in your account you will need to select which ICP scoring model specifically you want to use to score each individual Account List.
Create Account Lists using ICP Fit Grade
You can create an Account List in the Account List Builder using an ICP scoring model you have created with training data set that represent your best customers.
- Login to RollWorks and go to Audiences > Account Lists
- Click Create Account List
Select the Attribute Rollworks ICP Fit Grade to select a specific ICP scoring model that will be used to generate an account list
- If you have more than one ICP scoring model, select the one you want to use to create this list
- Select the ICP Fit Grades you want to use as filters to define your account list. For example, select A & B.
Learn more about how to use the RollWorks Account List Builder to create your Account Lists here.
Segment Account Lists using ICP Fit Grade
You can segment your existing Account Lists by breaking it down into different Account Groups to run effective campaigns and prioritize your budget on the highest fit accounts that you add to an Account Group.
Focus your efforts on A & B Accounts
You should focus efforts on accounts that have an ICP Fit grade of A and B. This are the accounts in your account lists that resemble your ICP more closely.
Follow the steps below to create Account Groups based on ICP Fit Grade:
- Login to RollWorks and go to Audiences > Account Lists
- Click on the specific Account List you want to segment
- Click Account Groups and Edit Groups
- Select the Attribute Rollworks ICP Fit Grade
- If you have more than one ICP scoring model, select the one you want to use to create this Account Group.
- Select the ICP Fit Grades you want to use as filters to define your account group. For example A & B.
Learn more about how to use the RollWorks Account List Builder to create your Account Groups in this guide to create Account Groups.
Push ICP Fit Grade to your CRM
If you have one of the following CRM Integrations with RollWorks, the ICP Fit Grade associated with your accounts can be synced over to your CRM:
- RollWorks creates the custom object ‘Rollworks Account Data’ and syncs the ICP Fit Grade for each account in the custom field ‘Fit Grade’ field for this purpose. In addition, we sync over the field ‘ICP Name’ that includes the Ideal Customer Profile model used as the training data to score the account.
- RollWorks will only push the ICP Fit Grade attribute to the accounts that already exist in your CRM.
CRM custom fields
Daily at 12pm UTC.
Daily at 9am UTC.
RollWorks ICP Fit
Accounts missing an ICP Fit Grade
Some accounts can’t be graded with an ICP Fit grade due to the following technical reasons:
- The account does not have a valid website (or domain), and therefore is ignored when we process the ICP Fit Grades to ensure the highest data quality.
- The account does not have enough firmographic, technographic, or geographic attributes to be scored.
- The account was added to the RollWorks database after the ICP model was created.
Export ICP Fit Grades to CSV
You can export your Account List including your ICP Fit Grade to CSV by:
- Login to your RollWorks account and navigate to Audiences > Account Lists.
- Select the Account List that you wish to export.
- Click Manage List and Export.