What are Account Targeting Campaigns
An Account Targeting Campaign is a specifically designed strategy enabling you to reach your Attribute Audience which is based on your Account List or the Domain List.
Who can access
Attribute Audiences and Account Targeting Campaigns are only available for Professional and Ultimate customers as follows:
Not available. Instead, you will use Account Targeting Playbooks.
|Available. Used in combination with Account Targeting Campaigns to target/exclude them.|
Launch an Account Targeting Campaign
To use the Account Targeting Campaign, you must first complete the following steps in the RollWorks Platform:
- Create an Account List. Click here to learn the fundamentals of an Account List and how to create one using the Account List Builder.
- Create an Attribute Audience. Watch the video below or click here to learn how to create an Attribute Audience.
- Creative Ad set ready. Click here to learn the best practices for creating your creative ad sets.
After completing the prerequisites above you are ready to launch a new Account Targeting Campaign. Follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Select your Campaign type
- Login to RollWorks and navigate to Advertising > Campaigns & Playbooks > Create.
- Select Website & Apps.
- Select 'Account Targeting' as your Campaign Goal.
When the Account Targeting button is greyed out
If the option Account Targeting is greyed out, you must first create an Attribute Audience. Click here to learn how to create an Attribute Audience.
Step 2: Select your Campaign Settings
Choose your 'Campaign Name'
💡Choose a name for your campaign that will be easy to identify in your reports and across the RollWorks platform. Using a consistent campaign naming convention will make things easier for you when looking at multiple campaigns' performance and data.
Choose your campaign 'Daily Budget'
💡 The minimum daily budget for a campaign must be at least $3 and the actual daily spend may vary. On days when your campaign sees an increased opportunity to drive results, you may spend up to 20% more. On other days you can then spend less in order to maintain your set average daily budget. 🔎 Learn more about how to choose your Campaign budget here.
Choose an 'Optimization Strategy'
💡 The Optimization Strategy setting allows you to specify what is the main goal for this specific Account Targeting Campaign so that RollWorks can prioritize your bidding accordingly to your goals. 🔎 Learn more about how to choose your Optimization Strategy here.
- Select ‘Conversions’ if your focus is to prioritize the people most likely to convert based on the Conversion Audiences you have defined in RollWorks.
- Select ‘Clicks’ if your focus is to increase website traffic by maximizing ad clicks.
Choose your Campaign 'Start and End Dates'
- Start 'Immediately' or select a specific date in the future.
- End your campaign on a specific date or select 'No end Date'.
- If you select specific dates you can select the specific time of the day to start and end your campaign.
|Default Start and End Dates||Specific Start and End Dates|
Choose your General Exclusions
💡Decide if the existing customers you have defined under Settings > General Exclusions should be targeted or not for this specific Account Targeting Campaign. Keep in mind that if you have set up competitors and coworkers in your General Exclusions, those will be automatically excluded. We recommend that you always exclude your existing customers to optimize your budget unless your specific Account Targeting Campaign is aimed to serve ads to existing customers.
🔎 Learn more about General Exclusions here.
Advanced Campaign Settings: Day Parting
💡 Day Parting is an advanced campaign setting that gives you greater control over when your ads will be served for this campaign. You can use Day Parting to select the specific days of the week that you want your ads to serve and the specific times of the day. By default, Day Parting is set to automatically run 24/7 and we recommend that you use this default setting to let our AI-powered BidIQ® bidding technology dynamically optimize when and how many times your ads appear to the same person.
🔎 Learn more about Day Parting settings here.
Advanced Campaign Settings: Frequency Capping
💡Frequency capping is an advanced campaign setting that allows you to manually limit the number of impressions per user per day for each individual Campaign. Frequency Capping limits the number of times your ads will appear to the same person in one day. By default, the campaign frequency capping is dynamically optimized by our AI powered BidIQ® bidding technology and we recommend that you let BidIQ® control this advanced setting for your campaigns. BidIQ® processes hundreds of variables for each and every user to determine whether or not to bid, and how much, at the time of each potential impression.
🔎 Learn more about this advanced campaign setting here.
Step 3: Define your AdGroup settings for your Campaign
You can break down your Account Targeting Campaign into different Ad Groups so that you can display specific Ad Sets to different Attribute Audiences, or exclude specific Ads sets from certain audiences. You can create as many Ad Groups as needed and each of them can run on its own schedule.
- You must create at least one Ad Group per campaign.
- You will be able to measure performance across each Ad Group.
- You cannot set different budget allocations for each AdGroup. The budget allocated to a campaign is fluid among each of its associated Ad Groups.
- The Campaign Settings configured in Step 1 are applied to all AdGroups.
To configure your AdGroups for your Account Targeting Campaign follow these steps:
|AdGroup settings||How to adjust this setting|
|Jump to choose your AdGroup Name|
AdGroup schedules to start and end on specific days and times.
|Jump to choose your AdGroup custom schedules|
AdGroup Audience to target and exclude specific people based.
|Jump to choose your AdGroup Audience|
AdGroup Audience location to display ads in specific regions.
|Jump to choose your AdGroup Audience Location|
AdGroup Ads to select specific ads relevant to this audience on the selected schedule.
|Jump to choose your AdGroup creative Ads|
Create more AdGroups as needed if you want to create different subsets within your campaign.
|Jump to create more AdGroups|
Choose an 'AdGroup Name'
Choose a naming convention that you will be able to recognize in Rollworks Reports and dashboards.
Choose an AdGroup Schedule
If you want this AdGroup to run on a different schedule than the main Campaign schedule toggle on 'Custom AdGroup Schedule enabled’ and select the start and end dates for the Ad Sets in this AdGroup to run.
Define your AdGroup Audience
- Click ‘Choose’ to select an Attribute Audience that already exists in RollWorks you want to reach with this AdGroup
- Click ‘Create’ if the Attribute Audience you want to target does not yet exist in RollWorks and you need to create it. Learn about how to create a new Attribute Audience here.
Choose your AdGroup Audience Location
By default, RollWorks will choose the best locations for you, but you can adjust these settings as needed. We recommend:
- If you are based in the US: configure the AdGroup Audience Location to ‘United States’ unless companies from other countries are part of your ICP.
- If you are based outside of the US: let our AI-powered BidIQ® bidding technology choose the best location for each ad bid for you to optimize campaign performance.
Define your AdGroup Exclusion.
In this step, you will be able to select any audience type to be excluded from this Campaign AdGroup.
- Click ‘Choose’ to exclude an Audience that already exists in RollWorks and you want to exclude from this AdGroup.
- Click ‘Create’ if the Audiences you want to exclude from this AdGroup do not yet exist in RollWorks and you need to create them.
At a minimum, we recommend that you exclude all your Conversion Audiences to ensure that once a contact in your Account Targeting Campaign has visited your website and has completed a Conversion form fill, we stop serving them ads to optimize your budget.
Visit this Help Center article to learn more about excluding audiences from campaigns.
Add creative Ads to your AdGroup
We recommend that at a minimum you select the following Web Ad sizes: 160x600, 300x250, 300x600, 320x50, 728x90, 970x250, 600x500, 600x315. Click here to learn more about the Web Ads types and sizes supported by RollWorks.
We recommend that you create an additional AdGroup with different design elements and our artificial intelligence will optimize towards the best performing creative Ads across your campaign AdGroups.
Choose existing ads
- Click on the “Choose” button to select the ads and click on “Choose” again to add them.
- Click “Save”.
Upload new ads that are not in the ad library
Click on the “Upload” button and browse or drag and drop the ad images.
- Click “Upload” and “Save”.
Create more AdGroups as needed
- Add additional AdGroups to your campaign as needed by clicking 'New AdGroup' and repeating the prior steps to define: AdGroup Name, Custom Schedule, Audience, Location, and Ads.
Step 4: Launch and Pay
- Review the settings of your Account Targeting campaign:
|Settings Type||Settings Name|
Campaign Daily Budget
Campaign Start and End Date
AdGroup Custom Schedule
AdGroup Audiences targeted and excluded
AdGroup Audience Location
|Account Payment Method|
- Select your desired Payment Method
- Click 'Launch'