What are Account Targeting Playbooks
Account Targeting Playbooks offer you a pre-packaged way to serve web ads to specific buyer personas within your target accounts. In a nutshell, these are the building blocks of an Account Targeting Playbook:
- Start by selecting the Account Group(s) within an Account List that contains your target accounts.
- Then, select the Buyer Persona criteria. Job Function, Seniority, and user-level Bombora Intent Topics) to define the specific people want to reach within your target accounts.
- Your Account Targeting Playbook includes 2 individual campaigns 1) Unaware and 2) Aware. You will upload a different web ad set for each individual campaign.
Key Benefits of RollWorks’ Account Targeting Playbooks:
- Easier Campaign setup: Intuitive user experience that clearly guides a user through the campaign launch process making this playbook self-serve.
- Goal-oriented campaigns: Best-practice advertising setups applied, with automated exclusions and real-time budget recommendations based on audience size.
Who can access
The Account Targeting Playbook is available to customers on any of our paid subscription packages: Starter, Standard, Professional, or Ultimate.
|My RollWorks Package||Can I launch Account Targeting Playbook?|
|✅ Yes, you can launch 3 Account Targeting Playbooks|
|✅ Yes, you can launch an unlimited amount of Playbooks|
Run your Account Targeting Playbooks for at least 2-3 months and never for less time than your typical customer buying cycle.
Instead of turning off your Playbook, we recommend reviewing its settings for optimizations and updating your creative ads every 1 to 3 months depending on the length of your buying cycle. Refreshing your creative at least every 3 months is key to preventing engagement decline due to ad fatigue.
Launch an Account Targeting Playbook
Before you start
To use the Account Targeting Playbook, you must first complete the following steps in the RollWorks Platform:
- Activate your Pixel.
- Create one or more conversion audiences. We recommend that all the form fill submissions on your website are added to RollWorks as a conversion audience.
- Create one or more sets of Web Ads.
- Create an Account List using the RollWorks List Builder.
Now you are ready to create your new Account Targeting Playbook:
- Log in to RollWorks and navigate to Advertising > Campaigns & Playbooks > Create.
- Select Account Targeting
Step 1: Select your Audience: Accounts and Account Groups
- Select the Account List and the Account Group you want to target from the drop-down menu.
- Check the box Exclude Current Customers if you want to exclude your existing customers previously added under Settings > General Exclusions.
- Click Next.
Step 2: Select your Audience: Buyer Personas
To complete your Audience you need to define the criteria for your Playbook audience attributes or Buyer Persona:
- Select Geography to target specific countries. Selecting specific countries will be factored into the Potential Audience estimate for this Playbook, as well as a filter in targeting once the Playbook is running.
Granular geotargeting based on zip code, city metropolitan area, or state is not available with Playbooks.
If you want to select a global region, for example, APAC, you will need to manually select all the countries individually.
- Select Job Function to target a specific person's role within an organization.
- Select Bombora Intent Topics to define what are the specific topics that a person has expressed interest in by browsing content on related topics across the internet. These user-level intent Topics are powered by Bombora Audience Solutions.
- Select Seniority to define a person's rank within an organization.
Do you need help selecting the Buyer Persona attributes? Check out this help center article.
When selecting the Buyer Persona attributes above ensure that the user-level attributes are not too narrow causing the audience size to be too small ( less than 2,000 cookies), as this may cause delivery issues for the playbook. To learn more about how to define Personas using Intent data visit this help center article.
Step 3: Select Creatives for Each Campaign
Continue to set up the two Campaigns in your Playbook as follows:
- Add Ads to each Campaign. We suggest that you use a different set of Ads for each one, customized to the different customer stages. Learn more Ad best practices here.
- Under 'Form Submission' for the 'Aware Campaign' select the form submission Conversions Audiences that indicates that your audience is considering your product. You will choose between:
- Use Every Form Submission to include all existing and future Conversion Audiences that you add to RollWorks
- Use Specific Forms to include only specific Conversion Audiences
Drive New Website Visitors
- Target Audience:
- Select Ads
- Goal: +1 Pages Viewed
Re-Engage Website Visitors
- Target Audience:
- Select Ads
- Goal: Select Form submission
Step 4: Select Budget & Schedule
Continue to set up your budget and schedule for this Playbook. While you enter the details below you will see the estimated Reach Forecast on the right side.
Select Budget Type:
- Ongoing: Select for campaigns that will run indefinitely.
- Fixed Dates: Select if you want to run this playbook during a specific date range.
For Ongoing budget:
- Select a Start Date between Immediately or Future Date
- Enter your Monthly Budget, RollWorks will aim to spend this amount monthly.
For Fixed Dates budget:
- Select a Start Date
Select an End Date:
- Enter your Total Budget, this is the total spend for the duration of the playbook.
Select Day Parting:
- Show Ads 24/7 - Your Playbook will run 24/7 without interruption.
- Pause on Weekends - Your Playbook will run 24/7 on weekdays and pause on weekends.
Custom Day Parting - Your Playbook will run on specific days and hours
Step 5: Review & Launch
- Review that all the configurations in your playbook are correct: Audience, Campaigns, and Budget.
- Add a Playbook Name to easily identify your Playbook in the RollWorks platform and reports
- Click Launch
Account Targeting Playbook FAQ
What types of creatives are supported in Playbooks?
Playbooks support all Web Image Ads, Web Video Ads, Web HTML5 Ads, and Native Ads.
Can I make changes to a Playbook once it is live?
Yes, the following actions are available after launch: Edit, Pause, Clone, and Delete.
What geotargeting options are available in Playbooks?
You can select one or multiple countries as your geotargeting filter.
- Granular geotargeting based on zip code, city metropolitan area, or state is not available with Playbooks.
- Global geotargeting based on a global region, for example, APAC, is not available. As a workaround, you can manually select all the countries individually.
What user-level Buyer Persona attributes can I use to define the audience I want to target?
There are three Persona Attributes at the user-level to define the audience you want to target:
- Job Function
- Bombora Intent Topics
For more information about how to use these Persona attributes to build your audience please visit this Personas Guide.
Can I run Bombora Intent Playbooks at the same time as Account Targeting Playbooks?
Yes, you can run Bombora Intent Playbooks and Account Targeting Playbooks simultaneously.
If you are targeting the same Account List in a Bombora Intent Playbook and an Account Targeting Playbook, the Accounts will only be targeted within the Bombora Intent Playbook until the account stops surging with Bombora Intent.
Note: Due to the time it takes for RollWorks's infrastructure to update many systems it is still possible to serve some impressions to an account in both Playbooks as the audiences get updated to be targeted or excluded as the account surges in Bombora Company Surge intent.
How is 'Currently Targeting' calculated for Playbooks?
Currently targeting refers to all the cookies that go into bidding. It refers to the potential audience. Whether a cookie sees or not an ad will depend on how the bid goes and things such as the budget being enough etc.
You can find Currently Targeting by navigating to any Playbook Summary page.
- Navigate to Advertising > Campaigns & Playbooks.
- Clicking the Playbooks tab.
- Click the Playbook Name for which you want to see the data.