What is Sales Insights
Sales Insights is a RollWorks feature that helps SDRs, Sales Reps and Sales Managers better prioritize accounts for outreach by using data science to uncover signals of account engagement. It provides account and contact spiking insights to your sales organization directly in your CRM and through daily Spike email alerts.
Learn more about what is Sales Insights in this Sales Insights Overview Guide.
Who can access
Sales Insights is available to customers with a RollWorks subscription: Starter, Standard, Professional, and Ultimate. Each package includes a set number of Sales Insights seats, and additional seats are available for purchase at an additional cost.
To enable your team to use Sales Insights you must connect RollWorks with of one the following CRMs:
CRM Editions supported
How to setup Sales Insights
An API-enabled Salesforce edition such as Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, Developer Edition, or Performance Edition.
Click here to view the latest list of API-enabled Salesforce editions.
Continue Reading this article
Before you Start
Before using Sales Insights, you must complete the following RollWorks platform onboarding steps:
- Activate your RollWorks pixel.
- Connect your Salesforce account with RollWorks.
- Configure your General Exclusions in RollWorks Settings.
- You must be an Administrator in RollWorks to configure Sales Insights and assign seats to your team.
Once these pre-requirements are complete you are ready to onboard your sales team to use Sales Insights in Salesforce following the steps below:
Step 1. Set Salesforce as your default CRM
Since Sales Insights can be configured for HubSpot or Salesforce, you will need to set HubSpot as your default CRM in RollWorks in order to activate Sales Insights for HubSpot.
- Login to RollWorks and go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Integrations’ > ‘Salesforce’
- Mark the checkbox next to ‘Set Salesforce as CRM’
If you miss this step, you will be prompted to connect and select your default CRM when you access Sales Insights from ‘Settings’ > ‘Sales Insights’ > ‘Seat Management’
Step 2. Select Account Team Roles
In this first step, you will define the types of roles in your Salesforce Account Team that should receive Spike email alerts for the Accounts assigned to them.
Account Team Roles in Salesforce are standard or custom fields on your Salesforce Account pages associated with your Salesforce users.
Your Salesforce instance may only have one Account Owner, or you may have multiple Account Team members, depending on how your company has customized Salesforce. In Salesforce every Account Team member has a different role on an account and the most common Account Team roles are:
- Account Owner
- Account Manager
- Customer Success Manager
- Sales Rep
- Assigned SDR
To select the roles in your Salesforce Account Team that should receive Spike email alerts follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Settings > Sales Insights > Seat Management.
- Click 'Salesforce Account Team Role'.
- Select the roles that should be receiving Spike email alerts. A drop-down menu will appear that shows all the Account Team Roles that are available as configured in your Salesforce.
- Click 'Save'
If you don't add an Account Team Role you will not be able to enable Spike email alerts for the accounts assigned to Salesforce users on that role. You will receive an error as follows:
Step 3. Select Unassigned Account alias
In this step, you will indicate how your Unassigned Accounts are flagged in your Salesforce, by choosing the email alias that is used as the Account Owner of your unassigned accounts. This step is necessary so that we can correctly identify your unassigned accounts that are spiking and send email spike alerts to the users that don't own accounts directly, for example, Sales Managers, or Sales Ops team members.
- Reach out to your Salesforce Administrator to ask them what is the email alias used as the default Account Owner for Unassigned Accounts. This help center article walks you through the steps to find your email alias for unassigned accounts in Salesforce.
- Once you have the email address used for all Unassigned Accounts, log in to RollWorks.
- Navigate to Settings > Sales Insights > Seat Management.
- Click 'Unassign Account Spike' under 'Customize Set Up'.
- Use the search bar to find the Salesforce User alias used for your sales unassigned accounts in Salesforce.
- This typically defaults to your Salesforce Administrator email address or can be a placeholder email address created by your Salesforce Administrator to use as the Account Owner for all your unassigned accounts.
Step 4. Assign Seats
Depending on your RollWorks subscription you will have a different number of Sales Insights seats available to assign to your Sales team so that they can receive Spike email alerts.
To find out how many Sales Insights seats you have available:
- Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Sales Insights’ > ‘Seat Management’
- Look at ‘Assign Seats’ > ‘seats used’
Once you confirm which salesforce users should receive Spike email alerts follow the instructions below to assign them a seat:
- All your Salesforce internal users will be listed automatically under the column ‘Name’. Your Salesforce users do not need to have their own RollWorks user account to get a seat for Sales Insights.
- Find the name of the team member that needs access.
- Alternatively, you can use the search or apply a filter for Department, Title, and Role to find the sales users that need access.
- Mark the checkbox on the left-hand side for the Salesforce users that need access
Select one option under ‘Notification View’ to choose what type of alerts this user should receive. Recommendations to choose the best type of email alerts for your Sales Team:
- For Sales Managers and Sales Ops seats: select ‘Unassigned Accounts’ so that they receive spike alerts for Account records that do not have an assignee for any of the Salesforce Team Roles you defined in Step 1.
- For Sales Reps seats: select ‘Assigned Accounts, so that they only receive Spike alerts for the Account records assigned to them.
Assigned Account: the user will receive Spike notifications for any Salesforce Accounts when the account is assigned to them.
Unassigned Accounts: the user will receive Spike notifications for any Salesforce Accounts that do not have any assigned owner for any of the Salesforce Account Team Roles.
Unassigned and Assigned: the user will receive Spike notifications both for Accounts assigned to them and accounts not assigned to anyone.
- Toggle on/off ‘Daily Email Notifications’ to choose if you want to send Spike daily email alerts to this user.
- Click ‘Save Changes’
- You are done! After assigning a Sales Insights seat to your Salesforce users in RollWorks they will receive an email confirmation so they know how it works and what to expect.
Sales Insights Feature
Assigning a seat in Sales insights in RollWorks will automatically assign the Salesforce permission set 'RollWorks Sales Insights' to that user in Salesforce so that they can:
Step 5: Edit your Account Page Layout
With your Sales Rep and Sales Manager seats configured in RollWorks, your sales team will start receiving Spike emails, however, your Salesforce Administrator should configure your Salesforce Page Layouts so that they can see the RollWorks Sales Insights Account Page Component on your Account Pages as shown below.
To add the Sales Insights Visualforce component to your account page layout, work with your Salesforce administrator and follow the instructions below:
- Login to Salesforce
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager → Account → Page Layouts and select the page layout configuration used by the sales team that will be using RollWorks Sales Insights.
- From the Page Layouts editor, create a new Section for your page layout and call it RollWorks Sales Insights and select the 1-Column Layout. We recommend creating this section high up on the Account Page Layout so that your sales team has easy access to daily Sales Insights updates.
- After creating the RollWorks Sales Insights section, from the Page Layouts editor navigate to VisualForce Pages and find the RollWorks Sales Insights component. Drag and drop the RollWorks Sales Insights Visualforce page into your newly created section from step 2.
- Click the Properties icon on the top right and adjust the Height (in pixels) of the component to 375 pixels. This will ensure the entire component can load without requiring scrolling within the component.
- Click 'Save', and you're all set! You've successfully added RollWorks Sales Insights to your Account pages for sales.
Step 6. Authorize Salesforce
After your Sales Administrator completes the prior step and configures your Account Page Layouts you will need to take one last step to authenticate Sales Insights in Salesforce.
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Navigate to an Account record and scroll to the RollWorks Sales Insights component.
- Click 'Connect to RollWorks'.
- Enter your RollWorks platform login credentials.
- Click 'Authorize'
You're all set! Now all sales users will be able to use the RollWorks Sales Insights product on account pages.
Create Reports in Salesforce
Visit this article to learn more about how to create reports in Salesforce for your sales team using Sales Insights Spike data.
Can I grant access to a Salesforce user to view Spike data directly in Salesforce without using a seat?
Viewing the RollWorks Sales Insights Salesforce widget, as displayed below requires a Sales Insights seat assigned to the Salesforce user.
Salesforce users that are granted the permissions set 'RollWorks Admin' or 'RollWorks Marketer' are able to create Salesforce native reports using Sales Insights Account Spike data fields without a Sales Insights seat assigned to the Salesforce user.