Find the email alias for unassigned Salesforce accounts
In Salesforce the account records that are not yet assigned to any rep will be assigned to a placeholder Account Owner. Typically this Account Owner is an internal/fake Salesforce user created by your Salesforce Administrator.
Watch this video to find the email alias associated with your Unassigned Salesforce accounts or follow the steps below.
Step-by-step instructions to find your email alias for unassigned accounts:
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Find any account record that has not been assigned to any sales rep yet.
- Click on the Account Owner. In this example, the placeholder Salesforce User is called AdRoll Sales Ops. Keep in mind that in your own Salesforce instance will see a different Account Owner placeholder user and a different email alias unique to your company.
- The placeholder Salesforce user details page will open.
- Scroll down until you find the field Email. In this example, the email alias is firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that in your own Salesforce instance will see a different Account Owner placeholder user and a different email alias unique to your company.
The email alias for your Salesforce unassigned accounts is used to configure Sales Insights Unassigned Account Spike email notifications.
Once you find the email alias used for your unassigned Salesforce accounts follow these steps:
- Log in to RollWorks and go to Settings > Sales Insights > Seat Management.
- Click Unassigned Account Spike zt.
- Select the email alias from the dropdown list.
- Click Save.
Why do I need the email alias for unassigned Salesforce accounts?
After adding the unassigned email alias to RollWorks you should grant a Sales Insights seat to your Sales Managers to receive Unassigned Account alerts.
This will allow you to fill the top of the funnel by alerting Sales managers about account spiking with website and ad activity that are ready to be assigned to a salesperson.
- Click here to learn how to grant a Sales Insights Seat for your Sales Managers.
- Share this help center article with your sales managers to learn how to use Account Spike email alerts.