What LinkedIn campaign functionality does RollWorks support?
LinkedIn account-based campaigns managed via RollWorks allow you to reach unknown contacts in your Account Lists with Single Image Ads Sponsored Content to drive awareness and nurture buyers with targeted messaging. You can measure your LinkedIn campaign performance at a campaign level and at a company level.
The audiences supported for LinkedIn campaigns managed via RollWorks are based on your Account Lists and layered with one of the following combinations of LinkedIn Persona attributes:
- Title only
- Job Function only
- Seniority only
- Seniority & Job Function
LinkedIn Campaigns launched via RollWorks do not support Contact Targeting or Retargeting and cannot use LinkedIn Organizations or LinkedIn Skills as audience attributes. Carrousel Ads and Video Sponsored Ads are not supported at this time.
Who is Eligible to access LinkedIn Campaigns in RollWorks?
RollWoks customers with a Standard, Professional and Ultimate subscription package have access to LinkedIn Connector and can create LinkedIn Campaigns.
- RollWorks customers with a Starter subscription package can purchase LinkedIn Connector as an Add-on to create LinkedIn Campaigns.
To find your current subscription package, log in to RollWorks and navigate to Settings > Billing > Plans & Usage.
What do I need before creating a LinkedIn Campaign?
- You must have your LinkedIn business page connected to RollWorks. Learn more about how to set up the integration in our LinkedIn Integration guide.
- You must have at least one Account List created that has finished syncing over.
- Your targeted audience must have at least 300 matched LinkedIn profiles.
You must have at least one LinkedIn Ad uploaded to your Ad Library in RollWorks. Learn more about LinkedIn Ad specifications and how to upload.
Can I use my Media Credits for LinkedIn campaigns?
If you have Media Credits as part of your subscription package, they cannot be used towards your LinkedIn campaign spend. RollWorks will bill you for your LinkedIn Campaign spend separately from your Media Credits.
How do I create a LinkedIn Campaign in RollWorks?
Sign in to RollWorks and navigate to 'Engage' > 'Ad Campaigns and click 'Create Campaign' > 'LinkedIn'
Step 1. Select your Campaign Settings: Budget and Schedule
- Enter a 'Campaign Name' to identify this campaign in the RollWorks platform
- Select a 'Budget Type':
- 'Ongoing Daily' - Set an average daily budget for the duration of your campaign
- 'Ongoing Monthly' - Set an average monthly budget for the duration of your campaign
- 'Fixed Dates' - Set a total budget for the duration of your campaign
- Tip: when selecting your Budget Type you will not be able to change the budget type between monthly and daily after launching your campaign
Enter your 'Budget'
- Tip: minimum budget is $10 USD/daily and $310 USD/monthly
Your budget must be within the limits of your LinkedIn Connector budget allowance.
To find your LinkedIn Connector budget allowance go to 'Settings' > 'Plans and Usage' and scroll down to 'LinkedIn Connector'.
- Enter your campaign 'Start Date'
- Tip: When choosing 'Immediately' as your Start Date, your Campaign will be scheduled to start within a few hours
Step 2. Define your Audience
In this step, you will define your audience to target with LinkedIn ads by selecting an 'Account List', 'Account Group', 'Country', and 'Buyer Persona Attributes' (LinkedIn Title, Job Function or Seniority). Your audience must have a minimum of 300 matched LinkedIn profiles for your campaign to be able to display ads. Your audience will be matched against 8M+ LinkedIn profiles, so it may take up to 24 hours to be ready.
- Select the Account List and Account Group you want to target from the dropdown list.
- Select the 'Country'
Select one of the following combinations of 'Buyer Persona Attributes' (due to LinkedIn requirements, you can't combine 'Title' with 'Seniority' or with 'Job Function'):
- Title only: Reach decision-makers with an exact job title, for example, 'Vice President Finance'. Avoid limiting your audience by targeting only a few job titles. Because using Job titles requires an exact match, you should include as many job title variations as possible to ensure your campaign has the best reach possible. For example, the title 'Vice President Finance' is different than 'Assistant Vice President', 'Finance VP' and 'Senior VP, Finance'.
- Job Function only: Reach decision-makers with specific expertise, for example in the IT function.
- Seniority only: For some campaigns, targeting by seniority only can be an effective way to reach those with influence over a buying decision.
- Job Function AND Seniority: Combining both Job Function and Seniority attributes allows you to select from a shorter list within a broad functional area like Finance. This option will result in a broader reach than using only Titles. For example, if you’re looking to reach decision-makers in the Finance function, try targeting the Information Technology, Finance, and Operations functions and pairing that with Job Seniorities attributes of Senior, Manager, Director, VP, CXO, and Owner.
- Mark the checkbox 'LinkedIn Audience Network' if you want to increase your reach by showing your ads in their partner apps and websites.
Step 3 - Select your Ads
- Select the Ads you want to display in this campaign:
- Click 'Choose' to select ads that you have already added to your Ad library
- Click 'Upload' to add new Ads
Recommendation: Upload multiple versions of your Ad to the same LinkedIn campaign if you want to display ads to your audience over a longer period of time. You can add up to 15 different ads per LinkedIn campaign.
LinkedIn sets a frequency cap that limits the number of times a LinkedIn user sees the same Ad:
- The same Ad can only be displayed once every 48 hours to the same user.
- The same Ad can only be displayed 4 times in total to the same user.
Uploading multiple versions of your Ad to the same LinkedIn campaign will help to keep your brand top of mind and provide subtly different reasons to engage. You don’t have to come up with a completely different creative execution for each version. Changing headlines, your message, or your images is a good approach to create variations of the same Ad.
Step 4 - Launch your Campaign
- Click Launch.
If you missed any required fields to set up your campaign you will be prompted to enter them.
How do I edit an existing LinkedIn Campaign?
- Sign in to RollWorks and navigate to 'Engage' > 'Ad Campaigns'
- Click in the name of the specific campaign to open it
- Click 'Edit'
You can edit the following campaign details:
- Budget Amount
- Target Accounts
- Buyer Persona Attributes
You cannot edit the following LinkedIn campaign details:
- Budget Type: You cannot change between 'ongoing daily' and 'ongoing monthly'. To change the budget type for an active campaign you will have to create a new campaign.