Content on all websites advertising via RollWorks should be family safe and age-appropriate. Websites in which the business is centered upon adult products or services are not eligible to run via RollWorks given the sensitive nature of such content. Additionally, ads and landing pages cannot contain nudity, adult products, or content that may be deemed sexually explicit or only suitable for adult audiences.
Examples of content that may be prohibited or restricted in relation to adult content and services are outlined below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
- Adult Products or Services: Ad Creative
- Adult Content - Nudity: Ad Creative
- Ad Creative: Dynamic Ad Restriction
- Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of adult content and services that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Dynamic ads are not permitted for websites that contain adult content or services. Please upload static banners that depict compliant content.
- Make sure that your new static banner ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Adult Products or Services: Landing Page
- Adult Content - Nudity: Landing Page
- Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of adult content and services that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the RollWorks Customer Support Team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Adult Products or Services
❌ Contraceptive products.
❌ Sex toys.
❌ Sexual enhancement products or supplements.
❌ Erotic novels.
❌ Erotic movies.
❌ Erotic magazines.
Sexually Explicit or Suggestive Content
❌ Cartoon porn.
❌ Content promoting any type of sexual act.
❌ Content promoting any type of illegal sexual theme, concept, or act.
❌ Sexually explicit dating websites.
❌ Underage dating.
❌ Dating websites promoting flings or casual ‘hook-ups’.
❌ Dating websites promoting infidelity, affairs, or cheating.
❌ Adult-themed parties or cruises.
❌ Escort services.
❌ Strip clubs.
❌ Mail-order bride services.
❌ Explicit or implicit references to adult activities.
❌ Sex-related entertainment websites.
❌ Images containing poses that would be deemed sexually suggestive or explicit.
❌ Images focused on individual body parts, such as abs, buttocks, or chest, even if not explicitly sexual in nature.
There are a few use cases where the usage of partial nudity may be approved. Otherwise, nudity is prohibited.
⚠️ Websites that use partial nudity product images (e.g., underwear, swimwear).
⚠️ Cosmetic surgery focused on breast or genitalia reconstruction or augmentation.
⚠️ Breastfeeding images.
❌ Websites that use full nudity images.
❌ Images focused on or showing genitals, buttocks, or breasts.
❌ Cartoons, art, or graphics that depict genitals, buttocks, or breasts.
Lingerie and Swimwear
Websites promoting lingerie or swimwear can be advertised provided that the products featured in the ads and landing pages do not contain nudity or partial nudity. In order to have your ads approved, please ensure that any areas that would be covered by an opaque two-piece swimsuit are not exposed.
✅ Lingerie websites provided there are no full nudity images.
✅ Swimwear websites provided there are no full nudity images.
⚠️ Websites that use partial nudity product images.
❌ Ads or landing pages that contain images of buttocks.
❌ Ads, landing pages, or websites that use full nudity images.
❌ Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain images of nipples.
❌ Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain visible genitalia.
❌ Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain sexually suggestive content.
❌ Ads, landing pages, or websites that emphasize body parts in a sexual nature.
❌ Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain models posing provocatively.