What is 3rd Party Intent?
Intent Data captures what products and services web users’ are interested in based on their content consumption across the web. When web users are engaging with content and researching online, this represents their interest in the topic that those materials are about. Intent Data signals are dynamic and can be used to better understand your prospects, open opportunities, or existing customers and move them through the conversion, retention, and expansion funnel.
RollWorks has partnered with Bombora, the leading Intent Data provider, to deliver dynamic Intent Data to RollWorks customers.
How are 3rd Party Intent signals measured?
Intent Topics represent the categories used to classify the content that web users are researching across the web. An Intent topic is considered "surging” when there’s an increased consumption compared to the historical baseline.
How it works:
- Bombora looks at a 12-week baseline to understand the average consumption of an Intent Topic, then compares this to a 3-week lookback window to see if there’s an increased activity against this baseline.
- An Intent Topic is given a score of 0-100, and if the topic gets a score of 60 or above, then it’s considered a surging Intent Topic. The RollWorks Platform labels these scores Intent Levels of “Medium”, “High”, or “Very High”.
A full list of the Intent Topics in the Bombora taxonomy can be found here.
Who is eligible to access 3rd Party Intent in RollWorks?
3rd Party Intent is available to customers on any of our paid subscription packages: Starter, Standard, Professional, or Ultimate. To find out what subscription package you have, login to the RollWorks platform and visit the Plan & Usage page under Settings.
To find your current subscription package, log in to RollWorks and navigate to Settings > Billing > Plans & Usage. If you do not have an active package you will not see 'Plans & Usage'.
What other types of Intent data are available in RollWorks?
RollWorks has 3 different types of Intent Data:
- IntentMap™: Our own proprietary database of user-profiles that is built by reading signals from over 1.2 billion digital profiles daily. These IntentMap™ signals are used to inform our bidding algorithms.
User-level Intent Data: Uses Bombora Audience Solutions to provide user-level intent data over a period of time for segmenting ad audiences.
- The 'Intent Topic' attribute available under Website Audiences measures user-level intent over a 30 day period. This signal can be used to target advertising towards unknown users who have shown intent for the topics selected.
- You can select as many user-level Intent Topics as you would like to build your Website Audience.
Account-level Intent Data: Uses Bombora Company Surge Data to sort Accounts showing Intent signals relative to a baseline.
- The RollWorks feature '3rd Party Intent' measures company-level intent over a 3-week period relative to a baseline to determine if a company is showing an increased interest in a topic. This signal can be used to uncover accounts early in the buying cycle, prioritize accounts, optimize budget allocation, and align marketing and sales.
- The number of Intent Topics available to select varies based on your package. Click here to learn more.
The full list of the Intent Topics in the Bombora taxonomy available for Intent for Audience and Account Intent can be found here.
How do I choose my Account Intent Topics in RollWorks?
In order to use Account Intent data in RollWorks, you have to select the Intent Topics that you would like to monitor. Here are the steps on our to do so:
- Login to RollWorks and navigate to 'Account Insights' > 3rd Party Intent'
- Click 'Edit Topics'
- Select your desired Intent Topics
- Click 'Save'
Account Intent data may take up to 24 hours to populate in the RollWorks Platform.
The number of Intent Topics available to select varies based on your subscription package. To see how many Intent Topics you can choose, as well as to select your Intent Topics click here or navigate to 'Account Insights' > 3rd Party Intent' > 'Edit Topics'.
Watch the short video below for a walkthrough on how to set up Account Intent Topics in the RollWorks platform.
How do I use Account Intent?
Engage your Accounts demonstrating Intent
You can discover which existing Accounts in your Account Lists are demonstrating Intent by using Intent Playbooks.
After you have set up your Account Itent Topics in the RollWorks Platform you can launch an Intent Playbook. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Intent Playbook Guide to complete the setup and launch.
Discover new Accounts demonstrating Intent
You can discover new accounts demonstrating Intent that are not in your Account List.
- Login to RollWorks and navigate to 'Account Insights' > '3rd Party Intent' > 'Discover New Accounts'
- Adjust Intent criteria as needed: Intent Level, Intent Signal Recency, and Intent Topics.
- Add relevant accounts to an Account List.
3rd Party Intent FAQ
What is the list of Intent Topics available?
An up-to-date list of the Intent Topics in the Bombora taxonomy can be found here.
What if the Intent topic that I want is not available? Can I request to have a topic added to the taxonomy?
Bombora continuously evaluates and makes improvements to the topic taxonomy every 1-2 months to reflect customer suggestions and industry trends. If you are interested in requesting a new topic, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the topic is approved, Bombora will start creating it which will take 6-9 months.
How many Intent Topics are included with my subscription?
The number of Intent Topics that you can select varies based on your subscription package. To see how many Intent Topics you can choose, go to 'Account Insights' > 'Third Party Intent' > ' Edit Topics'
Is it possible for an individual user to show intent and at the same time for their Account not to show intent?
Yes, it is possible. For example, if Jane Doe who works at RollWorks has consumed content around Account-Based Marketing, she may be showing intent at a user-level, but if no other RollWorks identified users are also researching or consuming said topic, the overall RollWorks Account may NOT be showing company-level intent.
What does "Last Intent Activity" mean on the results page? How often is the Intent data updated?
"Last Intent Activity" represents the most recent date in which the account consumed content related to the corresponding intent topic(s). The data is refreshed weekly on Monday nights.
Can I see Accounts, demonstrating Intent, that are not on my Account List?
Yes! In addition to surfacing high intent accounts on your Account List, you will be able to search for any account that is demonstrating intent for the topics you selected. To find out how to discover accounts demonstrating Intent, please see this article on the Dynamic Account List Builder.
If after discovering a new Account demonstrating intent you would like to engage, you must add the account to your Account List
I already have a contract with Bombora, can I use the Intent Data I have purchased with them?
The RollWorks platform will be able to help you activate against the accounts showing intent using the Bombora data you have purchased directly from Bombora. Our Account Intent Playbook will allow you to seamlessly engage these high intent accounts through pre-programmed campaigns. Work with your Account Team to see if your current contract with Bombora grants you more intent topics to select at a time, as well as a higher percentage of accounts demonstrating high intent surfaced.