What are Video Web Ads
There are two types of Video Web Ads: in-stream and out-stream.
- In-stream video ads play within video-based content, such as Dailymotion. Ads pop-up pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll.
- Out-stream video ads appear within non-video-based editorial content. Outstream video ads appear outside of any streaming content, similar to standard display ads.
In-Stream Video Ad
Out-Stream Video Ad
You can use video ads throughout your entire customer journey to:
- Reconnect with current and potential customers by adding RollWorks Video Ads to your retargeting campaigns.
- Connect with new audiences by adding RollWorks Video Ads to your Brand Awareness campaigns.
- Deepen connections with increased brand awareness and understanding of your products.
What sizes are supported for Video Ads
|Desktop, Mobile (phone/tablet)||16:9 Aspect Ratio|
|Desktop, Mobile (phone/tablet)||1:1 Aspect Ratio|
Mobile ad sizes
Please know that the possibility of showing a certain ad size on mobile depends on the publisher. Some publishers may allow certain sizes on mobile and others don't.
Video Ads Specifications
|Field||Ad Copy Specs|
|Supported File Types & Codecs||
|Maximum File Size||
|(Video) Pixel Aspect Ratio||
Additional Web Ads Limitations
- Symbol characters such as @ > # $ % ^ & () < are not permitted in your text.
- Video Assets will need to be hosted in RollWorks RollWorks and can’t be served from a Third-Party Ad tag manager.
How do I upload my Video Web Ads
Log in to RollWorks and navigate to Advertising > Ad Library
- Select Upload
- Click Browse to select a properly sized ad.
Enter the Ad fields below and click Upload.
- Destination URL
- Once your Ads are approved, you can use them for your Facebook and Instagram campaigns in RollWorks.
How do I troubleshoot my Video Web Ads
There are a couple of items that you can check if you are experiencing issues with your Video Web Ads ads:
- Use this tool to verify if your Video Web Ad meets our requirements.
- Make sure that your logo is on the creative image.
- The destination URL should not redirect to a different website or redirect to a video, for example, a video on sites like Dailymotion.
- Review our Advertising Policies Guidelines to learn how you can make sure your ads and site are compliant.