Content on all websites advertising via RollWorks must be appropriate, respectful to others, non-offensive, and safe for our customers and those that are served our ads. Ads and landing pages that promote violent, shocking, or discriminatory content are not eligible to run.
Examples of inappropriate content that may be prohibited are outlined below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
- Inappropriate Content: Ad Creative
- Violence and Shocking Content: Ad Creative
- Ad Creative: Dynamic Ad Restriction
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of inappropriate content and services that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Dynamic ads are not permitted for websites that contain adult content or services. Please upload static banners that depict compliant content.
- Make sure that your new static banner ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Inappropriate Content: Landing Page
- Violence and Shocking Content: Landing Page
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of inappropriate content that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the RollWorks Customer Support Team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Ads should not contain any upsetting or shocking content against animals or promote cruelty towards any animal. This includes:
❌ Advocating towards animal cruelty for entertainment value, (e.g., dog fighting).
❌ Any event which promotes cruelty towards animals.
❌ Selling or promoting products obtained from threatened species, e.g., elephant ivory.
❌ Blogs or forums offering information on how to obtain products from threatened species.
RollWorks will not approve any websites that support or encourage discrimination or hateful content of any kind. Content that promotes mistreatment, intolerance, or disparaging of a person, group, or concept is strictly prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to discrimination on the basis of:
❌ Racial or ethnic origin.
❌ Veteran status.
❌ Political status.
❌ Gender identity.
❌ Sexual orientation.
Further examples of discriminatory content include:
❌ Hate groups.
❌ Hate group paraphernalia.
❌ Content that intimidates another individual or group of individuals.
❌ Content that threatens harm or exploitation to others.
❌ Content that supports harming oneself or exploitation of others.
❌ Content promoting any type of self-harm, such as suicide or anorexia.
❌ Content that promotes violence against another individual or group of individuals.
❌ Content that promotes blackmail.
❌ Lacking remorse or sensitivity towards a shocking or tragic event.
❌ Lacking remorse or sensitivity towards a natural disaster.
❌ Lacking remorse or sensitivity towards a death.
❌ Trying to profit or gain from a shocking event with no distinguishable advantage to the victims.
Violence and Shocking Content
❌ Gory content (e.g., a car crash).
❌ Sensational content.
❌ Violent content.
❌ Violent or offensive language.
❌ Variations and misspellings of offensive language.
❌ Physical trauma.
❌ Crime scene or accident photos.
❌ Images of needles or injections.
❌ Excessive use of blood.
❌ Human or animal waste.
❌ Content that suggests an individual may be at risk of harm or in danger.
❌ Content that suggests an individual may be infected with a disease.
❌ Content that suggests an individual may be the victim of a conspiracy.