Your data will not be lost during the reauthorization
When the Salesforce integration is disconnected Account Lists, Contact Lists, Journey Stages, ICP Models, and any other RollWorks features that use your Salesforce data dynamically will no longer get updated, additionally, RollWorks data will no longer be pushed to your Salesforce instance. Reauthorizing the integration will resume the bidirectional data sync between Salesforce and RollWorks and no data is lost during the re-authorization.
If the Salesforce user that originally authorized the ABM App leaves your company and their Salesforce user profile is no longer valid, you will need to re-authenticate the integration. To prevent this from happening in the future, we recommend that you create a dedicated Salesforce user to manage your integrations, instead of using an employee user profile.
Follow the steps below to re-authorize the Salesforce Integration with RollWorks:
Step 1. Disable the integration from RollWorks
- Log in to RollWorks and navigate to Integrations on the left side navigation panel.
- Click the Salesforce card under CRM & Marketing Automation.
- The Salesforce Integration Settings page will open.
- Click Disable. This step is necessary and no data will be lost.
Step 3. Assign RollWorks Admin permissions to the user reauthenticating
Decide which user will be re-authenticating the integration and assign the following permissions:
- RollWorks Admin permission set.
- View All / Read / Write access to Account, Opportunity, Contact, Lead, Campaign, and Activities/Tasks objects.
- Read / Edit access to User objects with the ability to manage permission sets.
- View Roles and Role Hierarchy.
- View Setup and Configuration.
Salesforce experts recommend using a dedicated Integration User
We strongly recommend you use a dedicated full Salesforce license (not used by a human) with a custom profile, and permission set to manage all your integrations. A dedicated integration user is a more secure, auditable way to move data into and out of your instance without relying on an existing user’s license. This is the only option that will prevent data sync interruption between Salesforce and RollWorks. Learn more about the value of using a dedicated Salesforce Integration user in this blog post.
To create a dedicated Salesforce integration user you should use a dedicated email such as email@example.com
Step 3. Trigger a new authentication
- Click the App Launcher and open the RollWorks ABM app.
- Click the tab RollWorks Settings and click Edit to trigger the authentication.
- Enter your RollWorks credentials on the next screen.
- After successfully authorizing your RollWorks account you will see a prompt that says Success! We've connected your Audience to RollWorks.