Why should I launch Facebook/Instagram Campaigns through RollWorks?
Facebook has more than 2.89 billion monthly active users total, and 2.85 billion monthly active users on mobile. By running your Facebook and Instagram campaigns through the RollWorks platform, you can manage cross-channel campaigns all in one place, inclusive of audience segments, budgets, and optimizations. Any ads run on Facebook or Instagram will show up as 'Sponsored' posts on timelines that users can interact with, and you can see their responses by using Ad Permalinks.
Using the RollWorks Platform, you can activate against the following campaign types on Facebook/Instagram:
- Site Retargeting
- Contact Audience Targeting
- Single Image Ads
- Video Ads (Outstream only)
- Carousel Ads
Who is eligible to access Facebook/Instagram Campaigns?
Facebook and Instagram Campaigns are available to any RollWorks customer with or without a subscription package, including: Free, Starter, Standard, Professional and Ultimate Packages.
To find your current subscription package, log in to RollWorks and navigate to Settings > Billing > Plans & Usage. If you do not have an active package you will not see 'Plans & Usage'.
What do I need before creating a Facebook/Instagram Campaign?
- Install the RollWorks Pixel on your website.
- Connect your Facebook Business account to your RollWorks account. For more information on connecting your Facebook Business account to RollWorks, please refer to this guide.
- If you would like to also run on Instagram, you must connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Business page. Learn how to in this guide.
Can I use my Media Credits for Facebook/Instagram campaigns?
If you have Media Credits as part of your subscription package, they can be used towards your Facebook/Instagram campaign spend. To find if you have Media Credits available log in to RollWorks and navigate to Settings > Billing > Plans & Usage.
How do I launch a Facebook/Instagram Campaign?
Log in to your RollWorks and go to 'Advertising' > 'Campaigns & Playbooks' > 'Create' > 'Facebook'
- Add a 'Name to your Campaign'
Choose the type of campaign:
- Choose 'Retargeting' if you want to bring back visitors who left your website without converting.
- Choose 'Lookalike' to find new people who are similar to your website audience. You will be able to define the audience to build your lookalike audience based on a segment that you’ve made within RollWorks already.
Select one of the options under 'Ad Types':
- 'Dynamic Ads from Product Feed' - this is the recommended option. Dynamic ads are only available when a product feed is connected.
- 'Static Ads & Video'
Tip: Facebook Campaigns do not support mixing static and dynamic ads. Your Ad Type selected here cannot be changed after your campaign is launched.
- Choose your daily ‘Budget’
Select one of the options under ‘Bid Strategy’
- ‘Maximize clicks’: We will optimize your bids to get you the most clicks
- ‘Set your own performance target’: Enter your desired target CPC or CPM and let RollWorks do the rest
- An AdGroup is created by default. If you wish to create additional AdGroups click 'Advanced options' > 'Create Ad group'.
- Enter your desired name for the AdGroup that is created by default under AdGroup Name
- Start and End date and time (UTC)
Select either a new audience or an existing audience to target with display ads:
- Click ‘Add New’ Create a brand new audience
- Click ‘Choose Existing’ to select an existing audience that you have previously defined in the RollWorks platform. If you are having trouble finding an existing audience that you have already you can search all your existing audiences by typing the audience name in the search bar. Alternatively, you can filter by Audience type like shown in the example below.
- Include or exclude a location for your campaign
- Define the “age range” based on the types of ads that you run. A defined age range may restrict audience size. We recommend that you do not adjust the date range, unless your content has age-specific restrictions, such as alcoholic beverages.
- Select the 'Ad Placements' - Select where you wish to show the ads based on the placements that we have.
Select one of the options available to create your creative ads:
- Choose: Select this option if you want to use Ads that you have previously uploaded to your RollWorks Ad Library.
- Create: Select this option if you want to design your ads using a built-in tool.
- Upload: Select if you have finished Ad creative assets ready to go to upload them.
- Request free ads: Tell us your requirements and we will make one set of ads for you. Learn more about how to get ads created for you in this Help Center Article.
Click 'Launch' to finalize and run your Campaign.
- If you do not have a payment method already added to your RollWorks account you will be asked to add it in this last step.
How do I see user responses to my Facebook and Instagram Ads?
Facebook and Instagram Ads show up as 'Sponsored' posts on timelines and users can interact with those ads. You can see user reactions and responses to your ads by using Ad Permalinks. View the ad as a post to check responses and reactions.
To find the Ad Permalink for your Facebook and Instagram Ads follow the steps below:
- Login to RollWorks and navigate to 'Campaigns'
- Click on the Campaign Name
- Click 'Columns' > 'Customize Columns'
- Select 'Ad Permalink' and click 'Done'
How do I troubleshoot my Facebook/Instagram Campaigns?
- The most common reason for Facebook and Instagram campaign spend issues is due to the Ad creatives, Facebook will reject Ads if your creative is not compliant with their non-discrimination policy. You must ensure that your Ad creative is inclusive and not specific to any gender, race, age group, etc.
- The second most common reason for spending issues is due to audience size:
- Check the audience size - is there a sufficient amount of cookies to target?
- While a high percentage of text on an ad will no longer dramatically reduce potential audience size, it's still a best practice for performance to minimize text on a Facebook ad when possible.
What is Facebook Limited Data Use (LDU)?
As of July 1, 2020, Facebook enabled its new Limited Data Use (“LDU” ) feature which limits how Facebook processes, uses, and stores California residents’ data in order to assist customers with their compliance efforts pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). To learn more about Facebook’s new LDU feature, click here.
If you are running Facebook Campaigns with RollWorks, beginning August 1, 2020, Facebook requires advertisers to actively enable the LDU feature on their Facebook Pixel if they wish to continue to limit Facebook’s data collection of California residents. RollWorks will enable this feature for all of its customers running Facebook campaigns starting August 1, 2020, unless you choose to disable the LDU feature to allow Facebook to collect and use California residents’ data with no limitations for Facebook campaigns you may be running (see below).
If your business is not required to comply with the CCPA, or there are other reasons that enabling Facebook’s LDU feature does not meet your CCPA compliance or other business needs, please reach out to our support team firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your account manager to disable Facebook’s new LDU feature.
Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. This is our interpretation of information made available by Facebook. NextRoll, Inc. is not providing advice on whether or not to enable/disable this function for any particular legal compliance effort or other reason. Instead, we aim to provide our customers with the facts and instructions relevant to the Facebook LDU feature.