What is Website Analytics
Watch this 2-minute video to learn how to get the most out of this page in RollWorks.
Website Analytics is a RollWorks feature that gives you an account-based view of your website activity within the RollWorks platform, including:
- Top accounts visiting your website
- Top website pages seen by your target accounts
- Top industries visiting your website
- The size of the companies that are visiting your website
Website Analytics gives your valuable information about the type of companies that visit your website most frequently so that you can use this information to:
- Understand which pages of your website are getting the most attention from the accounts you care about.
- View which accounts have visited specific pages on your website to understand accounts that have visited high-value pages such as your pricing page and demo page to engage them through your marketing and sales channels.
- Uncover accounts that marketing and sales may not be aware of so you can ake relevant stakeholders aware of highly active accounts looking at key areas on your website.
- Understand the firmographic details of the accounts most interested in your website.
Who can access
Website Analytics is available to all RollWorks customers with a subscription package including Starter, Standard, Professional, or Ultimate.
How to access and filter results
Before you start, you must have a properly configured and installed RollWorks Pixel on your website.
Follow the steps below to view and filter Website Analytics data:
- Log in to RollWorks and go to Insights > Website Analytics.
- Click 'Choose an Account List' to adjust the filters to select which accounts you would like to see using one of the filters available.
Select this option to view any account that has visited your website, regardless if the account has been added to one of your Account Lists or not.
All Accounts in an Account List
Select this option to view only accounts that are visiting your website and are part an Account List.
Accounts not in an Account List
Select this option to view accounts that have visited your website and are not in an Account List.
✍ Tip: This is a great way to determine if any marketing or sales outreach is warranted for any Accounts that are raising their hand and potentially showing some interest in your website.
Your own Account List
Select this option to view only specific accounts that are visiting your website and are part of the specific Account List selected.
- Select the date interval: adjust this to view results for a specific time frame.
- 'Visitors Overview' will display the firmographic details of your website visitors based on the Account Lists and dates you just selected.
View Top Accounts
- Scroll down to the Top Accounts section to view your top accounts based on the selected metric in the column sorting options.
- Sort your top accounts by 'Account', 'Unique Visitors', 'Engaged Visitors', 'Page Views', and 'Account List'.
View Top Visited Pages
- Scroll down to Top Visited Pages to view the top visited pages from your website based on the selected metric in the column sorting options.
- Sort your Top Visited Pages by 'Account', 'Unique Visitors', 'Engaged Visitors', and 'Page Views'.
View Pages visited by an Account
- Click on a specific page within Top Visited Pages to view which accounts visited this page within the selected time period.
Export Top Accounts and Top Pages
After you apply the desired Account filters and date range, you can click the button Export to download a file including your top accounts and top visited pages so that you can share this information with sales.
RollWorks Website Analytics page vs Google Analytics
Website Analytics in RollWorks gives you an accounts-based view of your website data, something that isn’t available out of the box in Google Analytics. That’s one fewer application you will need to look at during your day.
Additionally, RollWorks allows you to define your Account lists by leveraging fit, intent, and engagement data from sources such as Bombora, G2, ads, CRM activities, and more. You can use the RollWorks Website Analytics feature to understand your website traffic for the accounts that really matter to you, saving you time by filtering out the rest of your website traffic that is not linked to your RollWorks Accounts and Account Groups.
Excluding accounts from Website Analytics
Website Analytics will include all the Accounts that visit your website in the selected time period. The accounts that you have excluded using the RollWorks setting called General Exclusions, will not be excluded from Website Analytics results. However, you can filter the results down to an individual account list to get a more tailored view of the accounts you are interested in.