Getting Started with the Sendoso Integration
- Ensure your RollWorks account and Salesforce instance are integrated.
- If you plan to use account data to inform your direct mail and gifting strategy, ensure you have a Target Account List defined.
- Ensure your Sendoso account and Salesforce instance are integrated.
How to Use the Sendoso Integration
RollWorks and Sendoso customers can use RollWorks data in Salesforce to inform direct mail sends. There are two ways you can trigger the direct mail:
- Salesforce Process Builder - automated
- Salesforce Reports - manual
Using the Salesforce Process Builder
This approach will automatically add contacts to direct mail campaigns if the contact achieves a custom level of engagement. First, you will need to create an eGift or Direct Mail Campaign in Salesforce. The remaining steps will outline how to automate adding contacts to the campaign you create. Please note that you will likely need your Salesforce Admin to create the automated process in Salesforce.
The RollWorks User Summary custom object is the simplest way to automate sending direct mail because the advertising and engagement data is tied to a specific contact or lead. You can use any field on the RollWorks User Summary custom object that is updated based on advertising or engagement data when determining who you want to send direct mail to.
In this example, we want to add any contact who has had one or more conversions, AND belongs in our ICP. This criteria is fully customizable to fit your direct mail needs.
Object: RollWorks User Summary
User_Summary__Conversions > 1
Account__RollWorks Growth ICP is not null
Account__RollWorks Commercial ICP is not null
Account_RW TAL is not null
Actions: Create Campaign Member Record
To create the campaign member successfully, you will need to locate the campaign ID you intend to add the contact to. You can find the campaign ID by navigating to the campaign in Salesforce, and locating the ID in the browser URL.
Example (ID is in red):
Using the Salesforce Report Builder
This approach will allow you to sort contacts based on levels of engagement so you can pick and choose exactly who you send the direct mail to. Please note that you will need to be marked as a marketing user in Salesforce as noted in this screenshot:
Manually build a report to view which contacts are showing the most impression, click, conversion, page view activity. The example below is a RollWorks User Summary with Contact report type looking at Contacts with Conversions > 0.
Once the report has been created and saved the drop down arrow on the far right will give you the option ‘add to campaign’.
Resource: How to add Report Records to a campaign
Connecting Sendoso to your Salesforce Campaign
After creating the logic to automatically add contacts to the eGift or Direct Mail campaign, navigate to Sendoso to configure the eGift or Direct Mail settings.
- In the Touches tab, create a New Touch, and Select touch type.
- Configure the Touch details. We recommend increasing the gift value based on the degree of engagement the contact has had.
- Set touch type to be “Triggered sending based on Integration”
- Select RollWorks
- Trigger based on “Member added to Salesforce Campaign” and select the campaign you built for this, and set the Campaign Status to Qualified.
- The remaining steps are for recipient tracking, and sender details. You can optionally log eGift clicks and opens as Salesforce activities and also notify the original sender of the eGift.