Is Two-Factor Authentication compulsory?
Yes, Two-Factor Authentication is compulsory for all existing users and new sign-ups except users utilizing Single sign-on (SSO).
What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication (TFA), also known as 2-Step Verification, is a compulsory RollWorks account setting that adds an additional layer of security in addition to your password to help protect against unauthorized account access. You will need to retrieve a six-digit verification code from your phone every time you log in to your account. You have the option to configure Two Factor Authentication through SMS or with an authentication app.
If you need assistance setting up Two Factor Authentication for your RollWorks account or need help logging in, contact the RollWorks Customer Support team.
Setting up Two-Factor Authentication for new customers
When you log in to RollWorks for the first time you will be prompted to set up Two Factor Authentication. This step is compulsory to help protect your account against unauthorized account access unless you log in to RollWorks via SSO.
Choose and configure at least one verification method:
- Mobile app verification - use an authentication app installed on your phone, such as Google Authenticator or Authy. You will be prompted to enter a unique code from this app.
- Text message verification - You will be prompted to enter a unique code sent via SMS to your phone.
Set Up an Authentication App for Two-Factor Authentication
- Download an authentication app. We recommend Google Authenticator or Authy
- Set up a new account within the app
- Scan the barcode displayed on your RollWorks account
- Enter the verification code that is displayed in the app
- Click Confirm
- On the next screen, click Continue to Account
Set Up SMS for Two-Factor Authentication
Enter your phone number and click Register your number.
Use this format +1-305-333-4444
- Include the Country Code +1 for US or CAD
- Use dashes +1-XXX-XXX-XXXX
- Enter the verification code you receive on your phone through a text message
- On the next screen click Continue to Account
Account Recovery with Two-Factor Authentication
If you lose access to your Two Factor Authentication method and you can’t access your account please contact the RollWorks Customer Support team to recover access to your account.
To make this process as easy as possible, please send an email using the email address associated with the accounts you need to recover.
Updating your Two-Factor Authentication settings
Open this page or navigate to Settings > Password and Security to change or update your Two Factor Authentication method.
If you log in to RollWorks via SSO you will not be able to configure Two Factor Authentication.