All ads are reviewed to make sure that they are safe, suitable for everyone, and adhere to our Advertising Policies. Similarly, the websites and landing pages that audiences are directed to must adhere to these same requirements - this ensures a great experience for your customers and will give your brand credibility.
Share our Ad Review Checklist with your creative team
Download this handy checklist and share it with your creative team to ensure your ads and landing pages pass our review process.
How the Review Process works
Once an ad is added to a campaign, it will be triggered into our Ad Review Process to ensure the content on the Ad Landing Page and Ad Image is compliant with our Advertising Policies. During this review process, the ad status will be In Review.
- The content in your ad image or video will be reviewed, as well as the content on the ad landing page. Any text associated with the ad such as the headline or description will also be reviewed.
- If the ad passes the review process, the ad status will change to Approved. The ad will start to run once it is in an active campaign.
- If the ad does not pass the review process, the ad status will change to Suspended. This means the ad is not eligible to run in any campaigns. An email will be sent with more details of the policy violation and information on how to fix the ad so that it is compliant with our Advertising Policies.
Ads not added to campaigns will remain as ‘Not In Review’
If an ad has been uploaded to the Ad Library but not yet added to a campaign the ad status will be Not In Review. In order for an ad to be reviewed, it must be added to a campaign. Learn more about ad creation and uploading here.
When at least one ad in the campaign is Approved the campaign status will update automatically to Running.
Troubleshooting campaigns not running
If your campaign is not running, there may be several reasons why. Please see this Help Center article on Campaign Status Definitions to learn more.
What does my Ad Review Status mean?
Ad Creatives and Campaigns can have different statuses depending on our Ad Review Process.
Follow the links below to learn more about the definition of the different review statuses:
How long does the Review Process take?
Generally, ads are reviewed within 1 business day. Ad review may take longer if a more comprehensive review is required.
Ad Exchange Partners Review Process
NextRoll is partnered with over 500 ad exchanges and publishers, and we must ensure that our policies are aligned and compliant at all times. NextRoll has a stringent Ad Review Process and places huge importance on vetting the quality and safety of ads that we submit to our partner ad exchanges. Once an ad is approved by NextRoll, it is then submitted to our partner ad exchanges for approval. It is possible for ads to be blocked by our partners for policy violations. NextRoll is unable to re-approve ads in these instances.
Get notified about your Review Status
Our Policy team will send you an email if we need your attention during our review.
To receive these email notifications, make sure you have campaign notifications activated.
- Log in to RollWorks and navigate to Settings > Email Preferences.
- Select the checkbox called Campaign and Ad Notifications.