What is the Pixel
Installing the Pixel allows us to understand your website visitor traffic so that you can define your high-value website audiences, define your conversion audiences, look at website analytics, and run advertising programs, for example, website retargeting.
Activate your Pixel
You must choose one of the following methods to activate your RollWorks Pixel:
Activate the Pixel through Google Tag Manager (GTM).
Activate the Pixel by adding the code directly to the header on your website code.
If your organization has multiple websites, you should create one Advertiser Profile for each website. RollWorks will provide you with an individual Pixel code for each of your advertiser profiles so that you can place a unique Pixel on each of your websites.
The Pixel is designed to load asynchronously without interfering with any other elements on your website, and without slowing down your website performance. The Pixel has been designed and tested by our engineers and by the developers of third-party data systems with your website performance in mind:
- The Pixel adds an image to the <head> element of your code. We register a callback with the browser that is enacted at the end of the rendering process – no other DOM elements are transferred or manipulated.
- Your page load won't be blocked even if the Internet connection to RollWorks' CDN or our servers is interrupted.
- To ensure very fast loading regardless of your visitor's geographical location, we deliver our Pixel content from Akamai, the #1 global content delivery network (CDN).
- Your Pixel dynamically handles both HTTP and HTTPS.
If you have a Cookie Consent Banner
Keep in mind that visitors will be added to your RollWorks Website Audiences only after the Pixel fires.
- If a visitor leaves your website before the Pixel loads, the visitor will not be added to your Website Audience.
- If your visitor leaves your website before they accept the Cookie Consent Banner, the Pixel will not fire and they will not be added to your Website Audiences.
If you are encountering issues with your Pixel or your Pixel is not active, go to this Pixel troubleshooting article to find some tips and troubleshooting steps you can take.