What is Account Scoring
RollWorks Account Scoring leverages machine learning to create predictive models — Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) Scoring models— by identifying patterns in the firmographic, technographic, and geographic attributes that make up your best customers. These models can then be applied to your Account Lists to score accounts from grade A (highest fit) to grade F (lowest fit).
The first step to getting started with Account Scoring is to create a training data set by adding the accounts that make up your best customers. Learn more about how to create your ICP model in RollWorks in this article. After you complete this step, accounts that resemble your Ideal Customer Profile are used as the training data to create an Account Scoring Model that will grade all the accounts in the RollWorks database and in your Account Lists. The output of this model is an Account Score called 'ICP Fit Grade' that grades each account from A (highest fit) to grade F (lowest fit).
You collect a list of accounts that make up your best customers or that your senior management has defined as the best-fit accounts for your organization. This is your training dataset. RollWorks will analyze these accounts and identify the firmographic and technographic attributes that are common to this training data set. These firmographic attributes are indicative of your Ideal Customer Profile.
Using your training data set, RollWorks leverages machine learning to create a predictive Account Scoring Model that is used to evaluate all accounts to determine the propensity of a company to become your best customer.
Using the Account Scoring Model as an input, all accounts in the RollWorks database and in your Account Lists will be graded with an Account Score called 'ICP Fit Grade' from A (the highest fit) to F (the lowest fit).
The ICP Fit grades given to accounts are unique to you and dependent on how you define your ICP model in the RollWorks platform. Depending on your package you will be able to define multiple ICPs so that you can understand the fit of accounts for different lines of business or products.
Higher ICP Fit Grade
The accounts scored with a higher ICP Fit Grade share more characteristics (or fit attributes) with the best customer profile built by the predictive model using your Ideal Customer Profile:
Lower ICP Fit Grade
The accounts scored with a lower ICP Fit Grade have the least commonalities with the firmographic and technographic attributes of your ICP, keep this in mind when launching advertising and optimizing your budget.
Account Scoring provides you with the following features and benefits:
- Prioritize accounts using advanced machine learning: Let data-backed methods find accounts that share similar fit attributes and focus your resources on accounts more likely to close.
- Optimize budget allocation: Increase your account-based program ROI with smarter targeting and more effective engagement by prioritizing resources towards your highest scoring accounts.
- Create Account Lists based on fit: After all the accounts are scored you can create Account Lists and Account Groups that resemble your ICP for better segmentation and prioritization.
- Segment your existing Account Lists by identifying the accounts with the highest 'ICP Fit Grade'.
- Supplement an existing Account List by adding the highest 'ICP Fit Grade' accounts.
- Discover new unknown accounts that fit your ICP and that aren’t on your CRM by creating Account Lists using 'RollWorks Company Attributes' and 'ICP Fit Grade' attributes.
- Marketing & Sales Alignment: Leverage RollWorks ICP Fit Grade in Salesforce or HubSpot for reporting and workflow purposes and work off a common prioritized account list for maximum impact.
Who can access
Customers with any RollWorks subscription package have access to Account Scoring: Starter, Standard, Professional and Ultimate.
- The number of Ideal Customer Profile models that you can create will vary based on your subscription package.
- The total number of Account Discovered by using ICP scoring models and RollWorks attributes is limited by your RollWorks subscription package.
Assess the fit of your Accounts
To assess the fit of your account lists you need to complete the following steps:
- Create an ICP (Ideal Customer Profile) Scoring model in RollWorks. Learn more about how to create your ICP model in RollWorks.
- Create an Account List in RollWorks. Learn more about what Account Lists are and how to create Account Lists in RollWorks.
After you complete these two steps in your RollWorks account:
- RollWorks will automatically score all the accounts in our database and in your Account Lists using your ICP scoring model After you create a new ICP scoring model or you update an existing ICP scoring model, the Account Scoring ICP Fit grades will be available for all accounts in the RollWorks database in approximately 4 hours.
- Your Account Lists will show 'Grading in Progress' until the scoring process has been completed.
If you have created more than one ICP scoring model in your account you will need to select which ICP scoring model specifically you want to use to score each individual Account List.
Create Account Lists using ICP Fit Grade
You can create an Account List in the Account List Builder using an ICP scoring model you have created with training data set that represent your best customers.
- Login to RollWorks and go to 'Audiences' > 'Account Lists'
- Click Create 'Account List'
Select the Attribute 'Rollworks ICP Fit Grade' to select a specific ICP scoring model that will be used to generate an account list
- If you have more than one ICP scoring model, select the one you want to use to create this list
- Select the ICP Fit Grades you want to use as filters to define your account list. For example, select A & B.
Learn more about how to use the RollWorks Account List Builder to create your Account Lists here.
Segment Account Lists using ICP Fit Grade
You can segment your existing Account Lists by breaking it down into different Account Groups to run effective campaigns and prioritize your budget on the highest fit accounts that you add to an Account Group.
Focus efforts on accounts that have an ICP Fit grade of A and B.
- Login to RollWorks and go to ‘Audiences’ > ‘Account Lists’
- Click on the specific Account List you want to segment
- Click ‘Account Groups’ and ‘Edit Groups’
- Select the Attribute ‘Rollworks ICP Fit Grade’
- If you have more than one ICP scoring model, select the one you want to use to create this Account Group.
- Select the ICP Fit Grades you want to use as filters to define your account group. For example A & B.
Learn more about how to use the RollWorks Account List Builder to create your Account Groups in this guide to create Account Groups.
Push ICP Fit Grade to your CRM
If you have one of the following CRM Integrations with RollWorks, the ICP Fit Grade associated with your accounts can be synced over to your CRM:
- RollWorks creates the custom object ‘Rollworks Account Data’ and syncs the ICP Fit Grade for each account in the custom field ‘Fit Grade’ field for this purpose. In addition, we sync over the field ‘ICP Name’ that includes the Ideal Customer Profile model used as the training data to score the account.
- RollWorks will only push the ICP Fit Grade attribute to the accounts that already exist in your CRM.
CRM custom fields
Daily at 12pm UTC.
Daily at 9am UTC.
RollWorks ICP Fit
Accounts missing an ICP Fit Grade
Some accounts can’t be graded with an ICP Fit grade due to the following technical reasons:
- The account does not have a valid website (or domain), and therefore is ignored when we process the ICP Fit Grades to ensure the highest data quality.
- The account does not have enough firmographic, technographic, or geographic attributes to be scored.
- The account was added to the RollWorks database after the ICP model was created.
Export ICP Fit Grades to CSV
You can export your Account List including your ICP Fit Grade to CSV by:
- Login to your RollWorks account and navigate to 'Audiences' > 'Account Lists'
- Select the Account List that you wish to export
- Click 'Manage List' and 'Export'