What is the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights Integration?
The RollWorks and Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights integration allows mutual customers to sync email audiences from Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights into RollWorks and engage them with digital advertising campaigns.
Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights here.
The Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights integration provides you with the following features and benefits:
- Bring over email lists from Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights to RollWorks: Dynamically sync email lists directly from your CRM to RollWorks.
- Run advertising campaigns and cross-channel orchestration using Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights data: Reach Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights contacts through RollWorks' digital advertising, to drive awareness and nurture known contacts with targeted messaging.
Who is eligible to access the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights integration?
The Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights Integration is included for RollWorks customers with a Starter, Standard, Professional, or Ultimate subscription package at no additional cost.
To find your current subscription, log in to RollWorks and navigate to Settings > Billing > Plans & Usage.
In addition to having a RollWorks subscription package you must have:
- Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights license.
- Configured segments in Customer Insights,
- Your customer profiles in the exported segments should contain a field representing an email address.
How do I connect Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights to the RollWorks platform?
Sign in to Microsoft Dynamics and take the following steps:
- Go to 'Admin' > 'Connections'
- Select 'Add Connection' and choose 'RollWorks' to configure the connection
Enter a name for your connection in the 'Display Name' field
- The name and the type of the connection describe this connection
- We recommend choosing a name that explains the purpose and target of the connection
Select who can use this connection
- If you take no action, the default will be administrators only
- For more information, see Allow Contributors to Use a Connection for Exports
- Select 'I Agree' to confirm data privacy and compliance and click 'Connect' to initialize the connection to RollWorks
- Next, choose 'Authenticate with RollWorks' and provide your administrator credentials for RollWorks
- Select 'Add Yourself as Export User', provide your Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights credentials
- Click 'Save' to complete the connection
You can configure this export if you have the appropriate permissions access to this specific connection type. For more information about what permissions are needed to configure an export please review this Microsoft Dynamics documentation.
How do I export contact lists from Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights to RollWorks?
Login to Microsoft Dynamics and take the following steps:
- Navigate to 'Data' > 'Exports' and select 'Add Destination'
- Within the 'Connection for Export Field', choose a connection from the 'RollWorks' section.
- If you don't see this section name, there are no connections of this type available to you.
Enter your 'RollWorks Advertisable ID'
- You can find your RollWorks Advertisable ID in your browser URL bar after 'advertisable=' when logged into your RollWorks account
In the 'Data Matching' section, under the 'Email' field, select the field in your unified customer profile that represents a customer's email address
- This is required to export segments to RollWorks
- Next, select the segments you wish to export
- You must select a segment with a minimum of 100 members, and the maximum size of a segment to export is 250,000 members per export
- Click 'Save'
|📝 Saving an export will not run the export immediately. The export will run with every scheduled refresh or you can also export data on demand.|
To view your connected Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights segments in the RollWorks platform login to RollWorks and navigate to 'Audiences' > 'Contact Audiences'
Now that you have created and synced over your contact lists from Microsoft Dynamics Customer Insights to RollWorks, you can include or suppress these audiences in your RollWorks advertising campaigns. For more information on RollWorks Campaigns, please go to this Help Center section.