You can create a contact list in RollWorks by uploading a CSV file containing email addresses you have the right to target. If you upload a CSV file to RollWorks the contact list will be static and cannot be edited after the contact list has been created.
Click here to learn other methods to create contact lists using your CRM or MAP as a source.
How often should you refresh your email list CSV file
If you use static CSV files to create your contact lists we recommend re-uploading a new file at least once every 4 months to ensure that you are matching the most up-to-date cookies possible to your target email addresses.
Due to data protection regulations, the RollWorks Customer Support team cannot upload contact lists on your behalf and you must upload your CSV static email lists to the RollWorks platform on your own following the steps below:
Step 1: Create a CSV file with email addresses
Your CSV file must meet all the requirements below:
- The file format must be CSV and should not exceed 10MB.
- The file must have one column only containing your list of email addresses.
- Do not add any additional data in other columns.
- Do not use a header row, the first row should be the first email address.
- Ensure the file does not have any blank rows.
- The list must contain more than 100 unique email addresses, however, optimal performance in contact targeting requires at least 1000 matched email addresses.
- Email formats supported:
- MD5 Hashed: Example: 074a297cd9b8a62284f99e03fcc08a1c. Make sure it is in plain text by applying lowercase removing beginning and ending white spaces in the email before feeding into MD5 hashing function.
Step 2: Upload the CSV file to RollWorks
- Log in to RollWorks and go to Audiences > Contact Lists.
- Click Import Contact List > Upload CSV.
- Choose your CSV file.
- Name this Contact List and click Create List.