Before you start
Ensure that your Salesforce administrator has completed the initial configuration steps for Sales Insights outlined in this guide. Sellers and sales managers will not be able to see the Sales Insights widget unless the installation is complete and they have been granted a Sales Insights seat.
The Sales Insights widget allows sellers to view account and contact insights from RollWorks directly in Salesforce through an easy-to-navigate interface. We recommend sellers do the following:
- Start by looking at your daily Spiking Account email alert or Account Spike Salesforce reports to help determine which accounts are spiking with engagement compared to a 72-hour baseline and are worth looking into.
- Once you have determined which accounts are worth prioritizing, open the Sales Insights widget to deep dive into account insights like intent data, URLs visited, Recommended Hot Contacts, website activity, and drill down into specific contact activities. Continue reading to learn how to navigate the Sales Insights Widget.
How to use the Sales Insights Widget
Watch this 4-minute video to learn how sellers can use the Sales Insights Widget to interpret account insights like intent and journey stage, and contact signals like website engagement and advertising activity to prioritize and personalize their sales outreach.
Find the Sales Insights Widget
To find the Sales Insights widget in Salesforce follow these steps:
- From Salesforce, open an account record.
- Alternatively, we recommend using the Account Spike Salesforce Report to find specific accounts that are spiking with engagement, or using the daily Spiking Account Alerts RollWorks sends to your inbox every day listing accounts that are spiking.
- Click the tab RollWorks Sales Insights. If you cannot see this tab your CRM admin may have installed it in a different placement in your account page layout for example under the tab Details. If you can't find the Sales Insights Widget contact RollWorks Customer Support.
Sales Insights header: Spike Level & Journey Stage
In the Sales Insights Widget, you will see the last highest Spike Level this account has had in the last 7 days (excluding weekends).
We use the website field in your Standard Account Salesforce object to match the company domain between Salesforce account records and RollWorks account records. To learn more about how RollWorks matches accounts between your CRM and our own database read this article.
The intensity of the spike is captured by the Spike Level and is calculated based on a 72-hour baseline, to learn more about the data science model used to calculate account spikes read this article.
|Icon||Account Spike Level|
|Low Spike level|
|Medium Spike level|
|High Spike level|
Time is of the essence
The widget header displays the highest Account Spike level in the last 7 business days (excluding weekends) since these actionable insights must be acted on quickly by your sales team. Sellers can drill down further to view the specific activity details as follows like Intent Data, Journey Stages, and Contact details. Continue reading to learn more.
The default Journey Stages are unaware, aware, engaged, open opportunity, and won opportunity, however, you may see different values here depending on how your RollWorks admin has customized them to match your unique buying journey. Each stage is based on specific logic that is editable in the RollWorks app.
Overview tab: Top Intent Data, Top Visited URLs & Recommended Hot Contacts
Under the overview tab, sellers will find Account-level intent and engagement signals as well as a list of recommended Hot Contacts for this account. Expands the sections below to learn how sellers can interpret and act on these insights.
Under the Overview tab, the Top Intent Data card shows sellers both RollWorks Intent Keywords & Bombora Intent Topics for which this account has shown interest over the last 30 days. The intent data shown is aggregated at the account-level, and not for a specific contact, and is calculated based on the account's consumption of online content.
Intent data allows sellers to understand what type of information this account is interested in based on the content they are consuming online. As a seller, you can tailor your communication with this account based on the top intent topics. Clicking See More will take you to the within this widget which includes a list of all intent topics, the source and intent level, as well as a date filter so that instead of the last 30 days, you can see the last 14 or 7 days or intent data.
Choose your Intent Keywords and Bombora Intent Topics in RollWorks
Please note that only the Bombora Intent Topics and RollWorks Intent Keywords you are actively monitoring in your RollWorks account can be displayed here. To learn how to adjust the Intent Keywords and Bombora Topics you are monitoring through RollWorks visit these two articles:
Clicking See More will take you to the Website Activity tab within this widget which will show you a detailed list of all URLs and the total number of page views and unique visitors detected by the Pixel for the lookback period selected. As a seller, Top URLs visited help you understand what pages in your website are resonating with this account, for example, a specific product line page or case study. If an account has visited your pricing multiple times it may be an indication that the account is further along their buying process comparing your plans and pricing. If an account has visited a specific case study or webinar page, it may denote interest in a specific area your product solves for. These insights can help you tailor your communication with this prospect to increase the chances to book the next meeting and engage your prospect along the sale process.
Recommended Hot Contacts predefined logic in Sales Insights
- The contact has viewed at least one page on your website within the last 30 days, OR
- The contact clicked on at least one ad within the last 30 days, OR
- The contact opened at least one Marketo email within the last 30 days, OR
- The contact clicked on at least one link in a Marketo email within the last 30 days
If no contacts in your CRM meet the criteria above, we will display the following message.
Clicking Review All Known Contacts at Account will redirect you to the Contacts Tab where your sellers will find all the existing CRM contacts associated with this account and the actions your marketing and sales teams have conducted with them.
The logic to define Recommended Hot Contacts in Sales Insights is not customizable
The logic that defines which Hot Contacts we recommend in the Sales Insights Widget is not customizable. If you want to build a list of Recommended Hot Contacts using your own logic criteria we recommend that you follow this help center guide to create your own Recommended Hot Contacts list directly in RollWorks UI using multiple data sources such as RollWorks advertising and website contact activity, Journey Stages, Intent, Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo activities, etc.
Recommended Hot Contacts: See All Activities
Clicking See All Activities will open the Contact Activity Timeline where sellers can see:
- Contact’s Activities: the activities this contact has performed.
- All Activities: All the touchpoints this contact has had with your company.
Below are the different sources we can surface in the Contact activity timeline:
|Source||Contact Timeline activities|
|RollWorks||Page Views and Ad Clicks|
|Salesforce||Email Sent, Call, Meeting, Note, Task, Event, Cadence|
|HubSpot||Email Sent, Email Reply, Call, Meeting, Conversation Session, Task, Note|
|Marketo||Email Sent, Email Open, Click Link, Interesting Moment, Form Fill, Unsubscribe|
This centralized contact timeline view is useful for sellers to personalize outreach and messaging when they reach out to a specific contact.
Recommended Hot Contacts: Add to an Outreach Sequence
From the Recommended Hot Contacts tab within Sales Insights, sellers can easily add Contacts to an Outreach Sequence to start the outbound process in the Sales Insight widget and save sales time by switching between platforms. Read this guide to learn more about the RollWorks integration with Outreach.
Add a contact to an Outreach sequence from the Recommended Hot Contacts view:
Add a contact to an Outreach sequence from the Contact Timeline view:
Journey tab: Event Timeline and Journey Stage progression
The Journey tab within the Sales Insights Widget account allows sellers to view a centralized timeline of RollWorks Journey Events for a specific account without the need to login to each system, or click through different tabs in Salesforce to look at the data for each integration.
Journey Events include two main features:
- Journey Event Timeline. View activity data like SDR emails sent and opened, meetings booked, opportunities opened/progressed, and deals closed from Salesforce, Marketo, and Hubspot alongside RollWorks Web and Ad engagement data in a single timeline to see a complete picture of ABM program events. Click here to view a full list of activities tracked under the Journey Event Timeline and the main benefits for sales reps.
- Journey Stage Visualization. View an account’s stage progression or regression next to account engagement and activity to understand what activities are more efficient at driving accounts through the buying journey. Click here to learn how to customize your own Journey Stages definitions.
You can select a lookback period of 7, 14, or 30 days to view Journey Events in a timeline:
Website Activity tab: Page Views, Visitors, and URLs
Under the Website Activity Tab, you can see how many Unique Visitors and how many Page Views your website received from a specific account. Additionally, all URLs visited by an account will be listed to help sellers identify which website pages, product features, or content is an account consuming and when that visit happened.
Keep in mind that we can only track URLs where the Pixel is firing, so any traffic from pages where the Pixel is not installed will not be tracked. For example, if your help center or blog does not have the Pixel installed, we will not track that traffic.
In the screenshot below we can see which URLs were visited by the account ACME. This information is useful for Sellers to customize their outreach.
You can select a lookback period of 7, 14, or 30 days or a custom range.
We may not display 100% of page views/visitors for an Account
When tracking page views with the Pixel we may not be able to match 100% of cookies to a specific account. When we can't match the cookies to an account -> we will not show visitors/page views under the Account's Website Activity. For example, if a visitor lands on a page but does not accept your cookie consent banner. Read this article to learn more about why the Pixel may not be able to track some page views.
Intent Data tab: Bombora and Keyword Intent
The Intent Data tab allows you to preview if an account is surging with intent for two different intent signals Bombora Company Surge Intent and RollWorks Keyword Intent. Keep in mind that intent signals are only detected for the intent topics and intent keywords that you are actively monitoring.
You can select a lookback period of 7, 14, or 30 days or a custom range.
When looking at the Intent Data tab within the Account Card you will see a list of the Intent Signals (topic the account is surging on), the Signal Type (source RollWorks or Bombora), Intent Level (the intent intensity compared to a baseline), and the Last Intent Day the account surged with this intent signal.
This information at the account level is useful for Sellers to customize their outreach and messaging.
If an account is surging with competitor intent this can give an indication to the seller that the account is further down the buying process comparing vendors and also can help them prepare for the next conversation or outreach to talk about competitive advantage.
RollWorks Advertising Impact tab: Campaigns & Ads
The RollWorks Advertising Impact Tab helps sellers understand if an account was impacted by specific RollWorks campaigns and ads. You can select a lookback period of 7, 14, or 30 days.
The data is divided into two sections:
- Campaign - here you can find out what campaigns had the highest impact on a particular account and see if your new closed-won customers were influenced by the campaigns you are running.
- Ads - here you are able to see what ads were viewed and clicked by a specific company. That way, you are able to define which ads were getting the biggest attention from customers and made them interact with them.
Each section provides you with advertising metrics such as Impressions, Clicks, CTC, CTR, and Spend all in one place for a specific account. In the screenshot below you can see that in the last 7 days, ACME was reached by 3 RollWorks campaigns and we have served 201 impressions that resulted in 2 clicks in total.
Scrolling down to the Ads section sellers can sort by Clicks to see the specific ads that resonated with this account and resulted in a click.
Contacts tab: Activity Timeline & Outreach Sequences
The Contacts tab includes a list of contacts that matched the account domain and that already exist in your CRM including their Job Titles. From there, sellers can click on a specific contact to see a timeline of their activities across RollWorks, Salesforce, HubSpot, and Marketo data points.
Read this guide for Sellers to learn how to use the Contacts tab, including step-by-step instructions, best practices, and use cases.
Sales Insights deanonymizes contacts that engage with your website or RollWorks ads for your existing when all the two following conditions are met:
- A Salesforce Contact or Lead record already existed in your CRM.
- The email address captured by the Pixel is an exact 1-to-1 match with the email address in your existing Salesforce Contact or Lead record.
Improve your CRM Contact matching rates
Contact match rates depend on the number of up-to-date contact records in your CRM, specifically correct email addresses. In order to deanonymize the unique site visitor on your website, the contact must exist in your CRM with the correct email address. To see total page views and unique visitors for an account including both anonymous and deanonymized contacts go to the Website Activity tab.
Troubleshooting: I cannot see the widget
To see the Sales Insights widget in Salesforce the following is required:
- You must have a Sales Insights Seat assigned to you.
- Your CRM admin must add the widget Visualforce component to your Account Page layout.
You must ensure that your browser is not blocking ads or third-party cookies, and the site data checkbox is checked in Content Settings (browser):
- Go to Settings > Privacy and Security> Cookies and other site data.
- Paste chrome://settings/cookies into the address bar.
- Ensure that Allow all cookies is ON.
- Ensure that Block third-party cookies is OFF.