GA4 is replacing Universal Analytics
Depending on what version of Google Analytics you are integrating with RollWorks you will need to find a different ID to identify the specific web data stream you want to connect:
- If you are integrating GA4 continue reading.
- If you are integrating Universal Analytics jump to this section.
GA4: Find your Measurement ID
To set up a Google Analytics 4 property for your website, you need a Google tag ID also known as Measurement ID (which usually starts with "G-"). A Measurement ID is an identifier (e.g., G-12345) for a web data stream. You can use the Measurement ID to send data to a specific web data stream.
For the most up-to-date instructions on how to find your Measurement ID in GA4 visit this guide in Google's Help Center.
To find your GA4 Measurement ID (which usually starts with "G-"), do the following:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- At the top of the Property column, select your property.
- In the Property column, click Data streams.
Don't see a Data streams option in the Property column? You have a Universal Analytics property instead of a GA4 property.
- Click the data stream.
- In the Google tag section at the bottom of the Web stream details page, click Configure tag settings.
- In the Your Google tag section on the Google tag page, copy the ID that starts with "G-" or "AW-".
Universal Analytics: Find your Tracking ID
For the most up-to-date instructions on how to find your UA Tracking ID visit this guide in Google's Help Center.
When you set up your Universal Analytics property, you needed a Tracking ID (which starts with "UA-"). The Google Analytics ‘Tracking Id’ is an identifier that must be included in the tracking code to tell Google Analytics which account and property to send data to.
As an example, the ‘Tracking Id is a string with this format: UA-000000-2
- The first set of numbers (-000000) refers to your GA account number
- The second set of numbers (-2) refers to the specific GA property number
To find your ‘Tracking ID’ in Google Analytics:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics (GA) account here
- In the GA Console Click ‘Admin’ on the left
- Select an Account from the menu in the ‘Account’ column
- In the Property column, click ‘Property Settings’
- Your “UA-” ‘Tracking Id’ appears at the top of the Property Settings page
For the most up-to-date instructions on how to find your Tracking ID in Google Analytics visit this guide in their Help Center.