What is an Audience
In the RollWorks platform, Audiences refer to a grouping of accounts and people based on their:
- Behavior. For example, their engagement with your website, their intent signals, etc.
- Attributes. For example, industry, job title, the technology they use, their seniority, etc.
To create successful B2B audiences to target in your advertising and cross-channel programs you need to start the foundational work to determine your Ideal Customer Profile and your Account Lists (and all of the elements within them). Without this foundation, your ABM efforts may be a little too shaky to stand.
You also need to define your Website Audiences and optionally your Contact Audiences, these are the people that visit and engage with your website, as well as lists of known contacts you have collected in the form of email lists, like the list of attendees to a webinar.
To build your B2B audiences successfully you need to use these building blocks:
Types of Audiences
In the RollWorks platform you can define three different types of Audiences:
Account Lists are lists and groups of companies that align with your Ideal Customer Profile and you wish to target. Your Account Lists can be created by combining data from RollWorks, HubSpot, and Salesforce. Account Lists are the foundation of your Account-Based Marketing program. Account Lists can be organized and broken down more granularly using Account Groups.
Contact audiences are email addresses you have collected and RollWorks will match to users browsing the internet through cookies so that we can display ads to these known contacts. Contact Audiences can be:
- Uploaded as CSV file manually to RollWorks.
Dynamically synced to RollWorks via:
- or API.
After connecting your site to RollWorks by placing the RollWorks Pixel on your website, we will start capturing your website visitor data into Website Audiences. Website audiences are groupings of your website visitors that you can segment and organize to understand their behavior and include in engagement strategies. Visitors will be added to the Website Audiences you define as soon as the RollWorks Pixel loads. If a visitor leaves your website before the Pixel loads, the visitor will not be added to your Website Audience.
In RollWorks you can define your Website Audiences based in the following ways.
- URL-based Audiences segment your website traffic based on pages your visitors browse. 🏆This is the most common and easy way to define your Website Audiences.
- Pages Viewed-based Audiences segment your website traffic based on a minimum number of pages they viewed while on your website. When a visitor lands on your website, a page view is counted as soon as the Pixel loads.
- Event-based Audiences segment your website traffic based on an event triggered by a visitor, such as a button click, that does not result in a change in URL
- Fixed Audiences segment your website when your website’s URL structure does not allow for defining audiences based on specific URLs/URL patterns.
- Impression-based Audiences segment your audience based on a minimum number of impressions served.
- Composite Audiences are any combination of the above audiences.