What is the Website Retargeting Playbook?
The Website Retargeting Playbook is a pre-packaged set of advertising campaigns aimed to re-engage your website visitors, with the goal to ultimately generate form submissions on your website.
Who is Eligible to Access?
All RollWorks customers on a subscription have access to the Website Retargeting Playbook.
How to Create a Website Retargeting Playbook
- Getting Started: Navigate to Engage → Playbooks → Launch Your First Playbook → Re-engage Website Visitors → Get Started
- Retargeting Strategy: By default, we will recommend a strategy that aligns with your website's monthly unique visitors - this recommendation is based on our best practices that will yield the best performance. Though, you have the option to select another strategy. Note: the strategy that you select will also determine the number of required ad sets.
- Audience Definition: Establish your website retargeting audience by defining the targeted geo(s) and how long a user remains active in your audience. See tips below:
- Geography: If your business serves specific locations, set geo targets to focus your efforts on places that matter. Note: currently, the audience estimate in the Website Retargeting Playbook is at the aggregate level - it does not factor in geography into the calculation.
- Last Visit: For maximum reach, we recommend targeting visitors who have visited your website within the last 90 days. You can adjust this duration to align to a target audience size or budget.
- Exclusions: Make sure you have General Exclusions set up to ensure you are delivering ads to the most relevant people.
- Campaign Setup: Based on the Retargeting Strategy you have selected, set up the required ads and audiences. We recommend making sure every form submission on your website is tagged as a conversion audience and that you use a different set of ads for each campaign.
- Budget & Schedule: Select budget type (ongoing or fixed dates) → then enter your budget.
- Playbook Review & Launch: Review and name your Playbook → then click “Launch."
Is there a limit on the number of Website Retargeting Playbooks that I can use?
No, all customers on a subscription will have unlimited access to the Website Retargeting Playbook.
Can I run multiple Website Retargeting Playbooks?
Yes, but that is only recommended if you are targeting different countries in each Playbook. Otherwise you will have multiple Retargeting Playbooks targeting the same audience.
Does the audience size estimates account for country-level targeting?
Currently, the audience estimate in the Website Retargeting Playbook is at the aggregate level - it does not factor in geography into the calculation.
What is the difference between the Website Retargeting Playbook and the Retargeting Campaign type (in the "Ad Campaigns" section of the platform)?
The underlying algorithm and logic are the same for both campaign types. The core difference is that Playbooks offers an improved user experience for running B2B advertising campaigns that's based on our best practices. The Website Retargeting Playbook also offer additional features that the Retargeting Campaign (in the "Ad Campaigns" section of the platform) does not have.
Can I run a Website Retargeting Playbook and a Retargeting Campaign (in the "Ad Campaigns" section of the platform) at the same time?
Yes, but again this is only recommended if you make sure that you are targeting different audiences between them.
The main reason why you would use a Retargeting Campaign (in the "Ad Campaigns" section of the platform) instead of a Website Retargeting Playbook is if you require audience flexibility. The two most common use cases are if:
- You want to show specific ads to someone who has visited a specific page on your website
- You want to target an email list audience
What types of creatives are supported in Playbooks?
All web sizes, native, video, and personalized ads.
Can I make changes to a Playbook once it is live?
Yes, the following actions are available: Edit, Pause, Clone, and Delete.