What is the Reactful Integration
The Reactful integration allows you to personalize the website experience for your visitors leveraging real-time ABM data from RollWorks and on-site behavior to deliver the right message at the right time. Using RollWorks data to power Reactful website personalization you can identify Account-level and firmographic attributes of your visitors in real-time and then dynamically adapt the content of your website through Reactful without requiring any additional website development on your side.
For example, you can use your visitor's company size or industry to display a personalized home page, CTA (call-to-action), or to highlight specific content relevant to their industry. All of this is configurable through Reactful and powered by RollWorks data.
In the example below, the website experience is personalized for this Small business visitor based on their company size:
The Reactful Integration provides you with the following features and benefits:
- Power your website personalization with firmographic or account-level identification of your site visitors in real-time.
- Create reactions for specific personas powered by RollWorks data to maximize website engagement.
Increase organic and paid conversion rates by creating highly targeted and personalized online experiences at scale:
- Customize CTA, tag-lines, headers, text, color, and images.
- Customize messaging via sidebars, tooltips, and lightboxes.
- Introduce subtle bounces, flashes, pulses, etc.
- Conduct full-funnel experimentation optimizing all digital assets with one solution.
Who can access
The Reactful integration requires:
- Having a contract with Reactful.
- Having a RollWorks subscription package that includes the Site Visitor API.
The Site Visitor API is included for customers with a Professional or Ultimate subscription package at no additional cost. Customers with a Starter or Standard subscription package can purchase the Site Visitor API as an add-on.
How to connect
Before you start:
- Install the RollWorks Pixel on your website.
Step 1: Enable the Site Visitor API in RollWorks
- Login to RollWorks and navigate to 'Integrations' and click the 'Site Visitor API' tile
- Enable the Site Visitor API by clicking 'Enable'
- In the next screen, under 'Send Data to Google Analytics?' select one of the following options:
|'Send with Google Tag Manager'||Select this option if you use Google Tag Manager to send RollWorks data both to Google Analytics and to Reactful.|
'Do not send data to Google Analytics'
|Select this option if you do not use Google Tag Manager and will send data directly to Reactful from RollWorks.|
- Click 'Save'
Step 2: Toggle on the RollWorks integration in the Reactful Dashboard
- Log in to Reactful and follow the steps outlined in this Reactful setup video:
- Fron the Reactful main Dashboard click 'Settings'
- Click the tab 'Integrations' and toggle on 'RollWorks Account Based Platform'
- Copy the script to your Google Tag Manager.
This completes the Integration setup.
At a high level the RollWorks Site Visitor API facilitates the push of the following RollWorks data to Reactful:
|Account firmographic attributes||Account identification attributes|
Account List EID
Click here to learn more about each of these data attributes available through the Site Visitor API.
Personalize content in Reactful
After you complete the Reactful Integration setup following these instructions, you can start to personalize your website content with ABM segments through Reactful Studio while previewing the changes as they would appear in your website.
These personalized experiences are configured as 'Reactions'. Reactions deliver your custom messaging and prompt visitors to take action. Reactions are design elements in the form of tooltips, notifications, or subtle animations that drive visitors to complete specific goals.
The following documentation guides you through the configuration process in Reactful Studio:
Log in to Reactful Studio and follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Create a new Persona in Reactful
- In Reactful Studio, open the 'Personas' menu and click '+' to create a new Persona
- Click the RollWorks data integration setting icon
Select a pre-defined API 'RollWorks key' from the drop-down and add a corresponding value and label. In the example below we selected:
- company.company_size = Medium-Small
- Save and Close
📝 Click here to view all the RollWorks attributes available through the Site Visitor API
- Add the newly created RollWorks segment to the Persona.
- Optionally, add other built-in Reacftul data points. These Reactful data points will work in combination with your Rollworks segment:
- 'New/Returning User'
- 'Referral Domain'
- 'URL parameters'
Step 2: Apply the new persona to Dynamic Content
After you create a new Persona in Reactful using RollWorks API data, you can apply this persona to existing dynamic content or create new dynamic content.
- In Reactful Studio go to 'Reactions'
- Click 'Edit' for an existing reaction.
- Preview the Reaction to verify the content that will be changed.
- Click the Persona tab and assign the Persona we just created in Step 1 to this reaction.
- Save your Reaction and Close.
- Verify that the Persona has been applied correctly by hovering over the Persona icon on the Reactions list.
Now that you have completed the website content personalization in Reactiful only visitors that match the defined segments in the Persona will see this content change:
|Default Website content|
|Personalized Website content based on RollWorks API data|
- Personalize your home page content, CTA, and landing pages based on web visitor account information like industry or company size.
- Dynamically adapt content (Headline, Tag line, CTA) throughout the web visitor’s journey on the website based on their level of engagement.
- Provide relevant compelling content when web visitors show dis-engagement or lack of interest.
- Filter and highlight relevant content (blogs, whitepapers, downloadable content) across your entire website.
- Supplement lead form fields with the Site Visitor API data (instead of prompting for input) to provide a consistent conversion experience.
- Embed shortened lead forms (Eloqua, Hubspot, Pardot) in reactions and display when relevant.
- Reactful Help Center article – Getting started with the Reactful + RollWorks integration.
- Reactful Best Practices – Reactful recipes and Tips and Tricks.
Other Reactful Resources – Webinars, Case studies, and Videos.
- Step by Step video – to set up the integration in Reactful and start personalizing your website content with RollWorks segments.