What is an ICP?
ICP stands for Ideal Customer Profile — the persona of an enterprise, comprised of firmographic and technographic attributes, that's an ideal fit for your product or service. Identifying your ICP is a critical first step in account-based marketing because it ensures that your marketing and sales teams are targeting the same types of accounts that are most likely to close. TOPO reports that organizations with a strong ICP report 68% higher win rates.
Here's an example of an ICP:
What is ICP Insights and How Does it Work?
ICP Insights leverages our database of 18 million accounts and 150+ industries to surface the firmographic and technographic composition of your existing customers and those in your pipeline. These insights can be used to help you identify an ICP that aligns marketing and sales efforts.
ICP Insights can also de-anonymize your website traffic and help you learn more about your website visitors, such as their company size, industry, job function, and more. This can help you validate your ICP and ensure that your marketing campaigns are attracting website visitors from high-fit accounts.
How to Use ICP Insights
You can find ICP Insights under the Identification section of the RollWorks dashboard:
From there, you can set up exactly which audiences you want to learn more about.
If you have synced to your CRM or MAP and have set up funnel stage lists for ad targeting that you want further information on, you can select Edit under the Funnel Stages section to determine which lists should be associated with each stage:
If you want to gain insights on website visitors or static CRM lists uploaded as CSVs, you can choose the exact segment that you want insights on in the Other Audiences section via the Edit button (learn how to create website segments here). You generally need at least 1,000 visitors in a website segment for us to deliver insights.
Once you have determined the audience you want insights on, simply toggle the desired attribute and date range via the selectors on the top:
Putting ICP Insights into Action
Using these insights, you can:
- Share the information with your sales team to ensure you're targeting the same types of companies.
- Run cross-channel marketing programs to engage companies that match your ICP.
- Gauge campaign effectiveness and evaluate if your current marketing and sales programs are attracting accounts that match your ICP.
By running analysis on closed-won accounts over time, RollWorks can provide a single source of truth around your ICP. You'll be able to discern if your ICP changes over time or if there are any gaps. Here's what you may ask (and ICP Insights can answer):
- Who is making it through each stage of your sales funnel and are there any inconsistencies with your ICP?
- Does the traffic to your site fit your ICP? If not, what can you do to adjust your strategy?
- Should you continue to invest resources against this ICP? Does it make sense to change your ICP attributes?