What is Sales Insights
Sales Insights is a RollWorks feature that helps SDRs, Sales Reps and Sales Managers better prioritize accounts for outreach by using data science to uncover signals that an account is spiking with engagement on your website. This feature offers spiking account and contact insights to your sales team using:
- Daily email alerts for your sales reps and managers.
- View insights directly in your CRM through our RollWorks Sales Insights widget.
- View insights directly in your CRM through reports and dashboards.
Sales teams that use Sales Insights email alerts and the CRM widget are able to use marketing insights traditionally not available to sales reps and turn them into sales action to:
- Drive more efficient sales outreach, using data science to eliminate the guesswork and integrate directly into existing sales team workflows in Salesforce or HubSpot.
- Drive more meetings with the right contacts and open more opportunities with your target accounts.
- Personalize sales outreach with a better understanding of both account and contact-level engagement and a 360-degree centralized view of the account journey through Journey Events.
Sales Insights Features
Sales Insights includes the following components:
Daily email alerts are sent to your Sales Reps when their assigned accounts are spiking in engagement so that they can prioritize outreach. Simultaneously, daily email alerts are sent to your Sales Managers when unassigned accounts are spiking in engagement so that they can effectively assign these accounts to a Sales Rep.
Email alerts will include deanonymized contacts at Spiking accounts, only if the visitor already exists in your CRM as a contact or lead record.
Account Spike data directly in your CRM
Your sales team can visualize Account Spike data and contact-level engagement details directly in your CRM using our Sales Insights widget:
Additionally, your sales team can leverage CRM reports using RollWorks Account Spike data:
Who can access
Sales Insights is available to customers with a paid RollWorks subscription: Starter, Standard, Professional, and Ultimate. Each package includes a set number of Sales Insights seats and additional seats are available for purchase at an additional cost.
|RollWorks package||Sales Insights Seats included|
The following table indicates which Sales Insights features require a user seat assigned:
|Sales Insights Feature||Requires a Sales Insights Seat?|
|Receive Account Spike email alerts||Yes|
|Visualize Account Spike data and Contact engagement details directly in your CRM through a CRM widget.||Yes|
|Create reports directly in your CRM using Account Spike data fields||No|
To enable your sales team to use Sales Insights you must connect RollWorks with of one the following supported CRMs:
|CRM||CRM editions supported||Steps to configure and use|
Any API-enabled Salesforce edition such as Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, Developer Edition, or Performance Edition.
Click here to view the latest list of API-enabled Salesforce editions.
Free, Starter, Professional, and Enterprise HubSpot product subscriptions.
Click here to find your HubSpot subscription.
Account Spike data science model
The underlying technology that powers Sales Insights is an Account Spike data science model that analyzes a variety of account engagement signals for all accounts engaging with your website and ads, every day. Then, it compares the daily activity of an account to a 72-hour account engagement baseline to determine which accounts are spiking in activity. This engagement activity is collected through the Pixel which tracks your website traffic and visitor behavior.
Below is the list of engagement signal inputs used by the Account Spike data science model to generate a Spike Raw Score and Spike Level for an account:
|Engagement Signal Input||Definition|
|Page Views||Count of website page views from visitors that belong to the Spiking Account.|
|Unique Visitors||Count of unique site visitors within the Spiking Account who visit 1 page on your website. Multiple unique visitors mean that multiple unique cookies in the same account are engaging with your website.|
|Engaged Visitors||Count of unique site visitors who engaged with at least 2 pages of your website.|
|Recurring Visitors||The same unique visitor has engaged on pages of your website for multiple days in a row.|
|Lead Form Conversions||Completion of lead-form conversions from the account on your website.|
|Ad Clicks||Count of clicks on ads served through RollWorks.|
The Account Spike data science model learns and adapts based on your website’s levels of account engagement and assigns a Spike Level to an account based on machine learning. Based on historical engagement data our model assigns a different weighting to each engagement signal input so that the Spike Levels are dynamic and responsive to the volume of your site traffic to ensure that when accounts are flagged as 🔥🔥🔥 High, 🔥🔥 Medium, or 🔥 Low for spike activity, it is based on your own organic website engagement.
Once Account Spike is calculated Sales Insights will:
- Map spiking accounts and engaged visitors to your CRM Account and Contact records.
- De-anonymize contact-level engagement details for existing CRM contacts.
- Disclaimer: we can only legally deanonymize website visitors only if they already exist in your CRM as contacts or leads.
Account Spike conditions
RollWorks only detects Account Spikes when the following conditions are met:
- For assigned Accounts/Companies in your CRM: at least one Sales Insights Seat should be configured for the user who owns the account in your CRM. The seat should be set to trigger email alerts for 'unassigned' or 'both assigned & unassigned' accounts.
- For unassigned Accounts/Companies in your CRM: at least one Sales Insights Seat should be configured to receive email alerts for 'unassigned' or 'both assigned & unassigned' accounts.
Learn more about how to configure Sales Insights Seats in the articles below:
|CRM||How to configure Sales Insights|
|Configure Sales Insights Seats with Salesforce to send email alerts to your Sales team.|
|Configure Sales Insights Seats with HubSpot to send email alerts to your Sales team.|
Contacts Spike conditions
Once Sales Insights identifies a Spiking Account we will attempt to uncover who are the visitors that are driving the Spike for a specific account. To successfully deanonymize a contact and display the contact details to your sales team, all the conditions below must be met:
- The Account spiked based on this data science model.
- A contact record with a correct email address existed in your CRM prior to the Account Spike (this is a legal requirement).
- The email address captured by the Pixel is an exact 1-to-1 match with the email address in the existing contact in your CRM.
Maintain your CRM contacts up to date to maximize contact deanonymization
Maintaining quality contacts with correct email addresses in your CRM will result in better deanonymization match rates.
When we are able to deanonymize a matched visitor for an Account you will be able to visualize:
- The Contact Name and Job Title as recorded in your CRM contact record and a link to the contact record.
- The URLs visited.
- Any Conversion Lead Forms submitted.
- How many Ad clicks.