This feature is available to customers on any of our subscription packages: Starter, Standard, Professional, or Ultimate.
Before you get started
The RollWorks platform now allows you to create a Target Account List directly in the RollWorks Platform using Salesforce data. Click here to learn how to create a Target Account List using the Account List Builder.
You will continue to use the RollWorks List Manager to sync the following list types:
- Training data for Account Scoring
- General Exclusions
- Contact Targeting
- ICP Insights
The RollWorks List Manager is used to create dynamic People Lists (contact & lead records) and Company Lists (account records) from your Salesforce org.
- People Lists created in the list manager can be used in the RollWorks platform as CRM ad audiences in contact targeting campaigns.
- Account Lists created by the RollWorks List Manager can be used to create lists for General Exclusions or for your training data for Account Scoring.
The objects available as filter criteria include any field within your Account, Opportunity, Contact, Lead, and Campaign objects.
After you've inputted the criteria for your list, our application will execute a query to find all unique emails for People Lists, and unique domain URLs for Company Lists.
The RollWorks List Manager is not used to create a Target Account List using Salesforce data to measure and advertise against in RollWorks. To create a Target Account List you will use the Account List Builder.
Creating a Salesforce List
After you've installed the Salesforce ABM App, authenticated with RollWorks, and started your sync jobs, you are ready to create your lists.
Step 1. Navigate to the RollWorks List Manager in Salesforce to see a view of your existing Salesforce Lists being synced to RollWorks.
Step 2. From there, depending on whether you're looking to create a People List or Company List, click the corresponding "Create List" button.
Step 3. Next, select the objects and fields that you'd like to use to filter your CRM list. The RollWorks List Manager can read all standard and custom fields on the objects below to create a list:
- People Lists: Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity, Campaign
- Company Lists: Account, Opportunity, Campaign
For multi-object audience segments, be sure to specify whether the resulting audience is an intersect (AND) vs. union (OR) of the multiple objects and fields used.
Example People & Company Lists
People Lists and Company Lists are synced to RollWorks to be used for a variety of Account-Based tactics including:
- Target known contacts from your accounts
- Contact/Lead Exclusions
- Utilizing ICP Insights on your CRM data
The example below shows how to sync a People List that represents all contacts in the 0 - Prospecting, 1 - Nurture, 1- Recycled, and 2 - Marketing Qualified contact status. This People list is then used in RollWorks as an ICP Insights Stage for all Marketing Qualified contacts.
After creating your Lists, you'll see a popup that gives you an estimate of the list size so you can fine-tune it before you save. You can edit your Lists at any time and updates will be synced to RollWorks accordingly.
Other use cases when you will create Lists using the RollWorks List Manager
- CRM Retargeting Audience: Create a list of all contacts and leads that fit a specific contact or lead status to nurture them with specific creative messaging for that stage e.g. inviting them to attend a webinar or download newly published content.
- Configuring ICP Insights: Map out your marketing and sales funnel with People Lists. A typical flow could look like this:
- Marketing Qualified > Sales Qualified > Early Stage Opportunity > Late Stage Opportunity > Closed Won Opportunity
- A People List is used per stage, using a combination of fields on the lead and contact object for MQ and SQ, and Opportunity object for your opportunity stages. Once configured, you can map out these Sales Stages in RollWorks to gain more insights into your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP).
- Contact Exclusion = Create a People list of your known customers so that you can exclude them from RollWorks advertising campaigns.
- Account Scoring Training Data: Create a list of at least 200 current customers. This list will be synced to RollWorks as training data to score your Target Account List and assign grades A-B-C-D-F to accounts based on how similar they are to your current customers.
- General Exclusions: Create two lists to sync your current customers and competitors to RollWorks to be excluded from your campaigns. Your competitors will automatically be excluded from all campaigns but you can always opt to include your current customers in your RollWorks campaigns.
- For legal reasons, your People List must include at least 100 unique records to be targeted in a RollWorks campaign.
- People Lists require up to 24 hours to sync to RollWorks as an audience segment.
- When seeing "X errors" against a list, it does not mean that the list creation and sync failed. It simply means that there were X number of records within that list that did not sync due to missing or invalid emails.
- Company lists have a max of 50,000 accounts.