This feature in the RollWorks ABM Salesforce App is currently available to customers on any of our subscription packages: Starter, Standard, Professional, or Ultimate.
If you're unsure if you have access to RollWorks List Manager or if you’d like to discuss upgrading your subscription package to take advantage of this feature, please reach out to your account manager or email us at email@example.com.
The RollWorks List Manager is used to create dynamic lists of both people (contact & lead records) and companies (accounts) from from your Salesforce org. After you've input the criteria for your list, our application will execute a SOQL query to find all unique emails on contact and lead records that match the given criteria for People Lists, and unique domain URLs on account records for Company Lists. The objects available as filter criteria for an audience segment include Account, Opportunity, Contact, Lead, and Campaign.
People Lists and Company Lists are synced to RollWorks to be used for a variety of Account Based tactics including:
- Dynamic CRM audience targeting
- Contact/Lead Exclusions
- Configuring your Funnel Stages
- Utilizing ICP Insights on your CRM data
- Dynamic Target Account Lists
- Account Scoring model training data (current customers)
- Account Exclusions
Creating a Salesforce List
After you've installed the Salesforce ABM App, authenticated with RollWorks, and started your sync jobs, you are ready to create your audiences.
First, navigate to the RollWorks List Manager to see a view of your existing Salesforce Lists being synced to RollWorks.
From there, depending on whether you're looking to create a list of People (emails of contacts and leads) or Companies (accounts), click the corresponding "Create List" button.
Next, select the objects and fields that you'd like to use filter your CRM list. The RollWorks List Manager can read all standard and custom fields on the objects below to create a list:
- People Lists: Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity, Campaign
- Company Lists: Account, Opportunity, Campaign
For multi-object audience segments, be sure to specify whether the resulting audience is the intersect (AND) vs. union (OR) of the multiple objects and fields used.
Example People & Company Lists
To show this in action, the screenshot below shows a People List that represents all contacts in the 0 - Prospecting, 1 - Nurture, 1- Recycled, and 2 - Marketing Qualified contact status. This People list is then used in RollWorks as a Sales Stage for all Marketing Qualified contacts.
As for Company Lists, the screenshot below shows a Company List that represents all Accounts not yet live, with open opportunities in Proposal or Negotiation opportunity stage. This Company List will then be used as a Target Account List in RollWorks, dynamically updating as accounts move stages in your Salesforce org.
After creating your People and Company List, you'll see a popup that gives you an estimate of the list size so you can fine tune before you save. Of course you can edit your Lists at anytime, and updates will be made in RollWorks accordingly.
- CRM Retargeting Audience = Create a list of all contacts and leads that fit a specific contact or lead status that you want to nurture with specific creative messaging for that stage e.g. inviting them to attend a webinar or download newly published content.
- Configuring Sales Stages = Map out your marketing and sales funnel in Salesforce Lists. A typical flow can look like Marketing Qualified > Sales Qualified > Early Stage Opportunity > Late Stage Opportunity > Closed Won Opportunities. Here, there would be a People List per stage, using a combination of fields on the lead and contact object for MQ and SQ, and opportunity object for your opportunity stages. Once configured, you can map out these Sales Stages in RollWorks to gain more insights into your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP).
- Contact Exclusion = Create a People list of your known customers so that you can exclude them from RollWorks advertising campaigns.
- Dynamic Target Account List = Identify the fields on the Account and Opportunity that represent the accounts your Marketing and Sales org are aligned on prioritizing. This Company List will be the backbone of your Account Based tactics in RollWorks
- Account Scoring Training Data = Create a list of your current customers. This list will then be synced to RollWorks as training data to score your Target Account List and assign grades A-F to accounts based on how similar they are to your current customers
- For legal reasons, your People List must include at least 100 member records to be targeted in a RollWorks campaign.
- When seeing "X errors" against a list, it does not mean that the list creation and sync failed. It simply means that there were X number of records within that list that did not sync due to missing or invalid emails.
- People Lists require up to 24 hours to sync to RollWorks as an audience segment
- Successfully created Company Lists will appear in RollWorks Target Accounts instantaneously, but may take 2-3 hours to populate the Account List in RollWorks the first time
- Company lists have a max of 50,000 accounts