CRM data onboarding allow you to leverage email lists in your campaigns. If you conduct part of your business off your website, want to re-engage old customers, have a seasonal offering, or need to build on your existing campaign audience, CRM is effective.
Create a CRM Audience (.CSV Email List)
- Navigate to your Audience tab
- Click New Audience
- Select CRM for Audience Type
- Upload your .CSV file and complete the remainder of the form
Format Your Email List
Your CRM file needs to be formatted correctly for your list to match correctly.
- File must be formatted as .CSV
- List must contain at least 100 unique user emails
- All emails must be listed in a single column. Do not list any information other than the emails you would like to match
- Remove any empty rows
- Maximum file size: 10MB
Here are some tips for preparing your lists for CRM data onboarding:
- Use personal emails where possible. Work emails have a lower match rate.
- Make sure your email database is up to date; add an email validation step during signup workflows to help make sure visitors provide active emails.
- Consider combining a CRM audience with other audience types to boost performance. Remember, the larger the audience your campaign has, the more optimization we can perform!
- CRM audiences can't be edited after they're created. Total visitors reflects the number of emails in your list.
- The cookie matching process can take up to a week. Please take this into consideration when planning your CRM campaign.
How to Exclude an Audience
Excluding an audience from a campaign means that we won't show ads to people in that audience. To exclude an existing audience:
- Go to your Audience tab.
- Click on the audience that you want to exclude.
- Under Campaigns with Audience, switch the Target toggle from Target to Exclude.