Bidirectional Sync Overview
The RollWorks ABM Salesforce App is a bidirectional integration with both data import (syncing data from Salesforce into RollWorks) and data export (syncing data from RollWorks back to Salesforce) processes. Using the RollWorks List Manager, customers can build People Lists of Salesforce contacts and leads or Company Lists of Salesforce accounts to import audiences to RollWorks for targeting in campaigns. After engaging with these audiences in various campaigns, RollWorks will then export the campaign delivery data back into Salesforce to enable performance reporting within your CRM. Our RollWorks ABM Salesforce App runs these import and export jobs nightly to make sure the most up-to-date information is shared between these two systems.
RollWorks to Salesforce Data Export
It is a Salesforce ISV Partner App best practice not to frequently run processing jobs that update records on the Account, Contact, and Lead job as they are the most used objects for Salesforce admin teams. For this reason, we store our RollWorks campaign deliveries data in custom objects. These custom objects are tied directly to Account, Contact, and Lead records, and this data to be added to Page Layouts as custom related lists and utilized in Salesforce reports and dashboards.
Our managed package has 2 custom objects that aggregate our deliveries to Account, Contact, and Lead records:
Data Summary Custom Objects
- RollWorks Account Summary: Aggregates RollWorks deliveries linked to corresponding Account record. Add the RollWorks Account Summary related list to Account Page Layout.
- RollWorks User Summary: Aggregates RollWorks deliveries linked to corresponding Contact and Lead records. Add the RollWorks User Summary related list to the Contact and Lead Page Layouts.
Data Summary Fields
- Account (RollWorks Account Summary only): Lookup field mapping to corresponding account record
- Contact (RollWorks User Summary only): Lookup field mapping to corresponding contact record
- Lead (RollWorks User Summary only): Lookup field mapping to corresponding lead record
- Clicks: Count of ad clicks over Tracking Data Timeframe
- CTC: Count of click through conversions over Tracking Data Timeframe
- Impression Costs: Spend over Tracking Data Timeframe
- Impressions: Count of impressions over Tracking Data Timeframe
- Page Views (RollWorks Account Summary only): Count of page views over Tracking Data Timeframe
- VTC: Count of view-through conversions over Tracking Data Timeframe
Adjusting your Tracking Data Timeframe
The Tracking Data Timeframe (days) is the rolling window in which data summary fields are aggregated to Accounts, Contacts, and Leads. For example, if this field is set to 30 days, it will summarize campaign deliveries for a rolling 30 day window. However if you adjust this setting to 7 days, it will be summarized data for a rolling 7 day window.
The default Tracking Data Timeframe (days) window is set to 30 days. You can easily adjust this Tracking Data Timeframe by:
- Navigate to setup and type "Custom Settings" into the Quick Find Bar (or follow Setup > Custom Code > Custom Setting)
- Click the RollWorks Account Based Marketing Settings custom setting and click "Manage"
- Click "Edit"
- Set the field Tracking Data Timeframe (days) to the preferred timeframe window
- Click "Save"
Building Custom Reports
Now that your app is installed and data is exporting into Salesforce, you can utilize this data in custom Salesforce reports. For more information on how to use the data above in custom Salesforce reporting, click here.