What is Sales Automation Click Tracking?
RollWorks allows you to track clicks in your Sales automation email sequences. Enabling click tracking causes link URLs in your emails to be re-written so that they point to RollWorks' servers. When a link is clicked, our servers register the click, then forward the user to the original URL.
How do I enable Click Tracking?
Follow the steps below to enable click tracking:
- Login to RollWorks and go to 'Sales Automation' > 'Settings' > 'Email Domain'
- Add the top CNAME file to your domain registrar.
|In order to maintain a high domain reputation, link URLs in outbound emails should point to the same domain as the sender's email address. Creating a CNAME entry in your DNS settings allows RollWorks' servers to be accessed using your own domain name instead of one shared amongst other clients.|
- To add files to your domain registrar follow the steps in this article.
- Go to your 'Sales Automatinon' > 'Sequences'
- Click on the name of the sequence you want to enable click tracking for.
- Enable the toggle 'Click Tracking' found under the Sequence name
- Scroll down to the bottom of this sequence and click 'Save'
- Repeat the prior steps for any other Sequences that you would like to have click tracking enabled for.
How do I view Sales Automation click tracking metrics?
Go to 'Sales Automation' and click the 'Overview' tab to view the total number of clicks each sequence has received.
If you'd like to dive into more detail go to 'Sales Automation' > 'Reports' > 'Sequences'. From here, you'll be able to view the total number of clicks per sequence and drill down even further on a per template basis from your Details section on the right-hand side.