An impression audience is a web-only audience type that allows you to organize your audience based on a minimum number of impressions served. This is great for a B2B business where sales cycles are typically extended over a longer period of time so you may want to use sequential messaging.
To define an impression-based audience, set an impression threshold.
When to Use an Impression-Based Audience
- Sequential messaging
- Change targeted and excluded audiences between campaigns. For example, show one message to visitors after they've been shown at least 15 impressions, and then target that segment in following campaigns.
- Sequential and composite messaging
- Use sequential messaging for different audiences. For example, define an audience by "at least 10 impressions," along with "/products." Then, you can target people that have been to that URL and been shown at least 10 impressions.
- Granular frequency caps
- Exclude users after a certain number of impressions in campaigns.
How to Exclude an Audience
Excluding an audience from a campaign means that we won't show ads to people in that audience. To exclude an existing audience:
- Go to your Audience tab.
- Click on the audience that you want to exclude.
- Under Campaigns with Audience, switch the Target toggle from Target to Exclude.