CRM data onboarding builds audiences based on your existing email lists. Whether your list represents existing customers or prospects collected at a networking event, CRM onboarding brings offline efforts online.
- A curated email marketing list with at least 100 unique user emails. Please format this list as a .CSV, submitting only emails in a single column. You'll upload this list as a CRM audience
Pro Tip: Onboard responsibly! It's important to respect the rights of your customers and prospects when engaging in online and offline marketing activities. It's your responsibility to make sure that you have the rights and permissions needed to upload your customer and prospect email lists onto the RollWorks CRM onboarding platform, including their consent where required. After all, you don’t want to serve ads to individuals who won't be receptive to them.
How it works
Your email lists are transferred to RollWorks servers and then matched to our IntentMap and also - via a secure transfer protocol - to external match partners. RollWorks partners match your email addresses to browser cookies, allowing RollWorks to serve ads to the customers in your email database.
Note: It takes 24 to 72 hours for your CRM audience to initially populate.
CRM onboarding enables you to reach the same audience with display ads that you reach with your email campaigns.
- Re-engage: Reach out to contacts and complement your contact nurturing programs with cross-channel retargeting.
- Leverage existing emails: Multiply the investment in your email database by leveraging your email audience on display. RollWorks makes it easy to onboard your first-party CRM data.
- Connect online and offline campaigns: Integrate your offline CRM data to deliver consistent and relevant messaging to your audiences.
CRM onboarding can help define key audiences that can't be identified through site activity alone:
- Customers who converted prior to AdRoll Pixel placement
- Seasonal purchasers, or customers who purchased specific products
- Long-term customers who have fallen out of the audience duration
- Prospects who shared their contact information at an offline event
- External user lists from your email service provider
- For US advertisers, CRM can be launched on both Web and Facebook. Where possible, we recommend using US-based email addresses and they match at a higher rate than non-US emails.
- Outside of the US, CRM audiences have limited functionality on Web campaigns. We are working on building this functionality, but we recommend that non-US advertisers adopt CRM retargeting on Facebook instead.
- CRM audiences can't be edited after they're created. Total visitors reflects the number of emails contained in your email list.
- The initial matching process can take up to 72 hours, depending on the size of your email list. Make sure you take this into consideration when planning your CRM campaign.