RollWorks makes it easy for you to launch campaigns, place your ads where they’ll make the most impact, personalize your customer experience, and take action all from your RollWorks insights.
How RollWorks Enables Growth
Consolidated marketing: Advertise on multiple channels from a single platform.
Seamless integrations: Streamline your workflow through AdRoll Connect.
Advanced ad technology: Our platform leverages 34 million+ signals and makes about 2.5 million predictions per second.
Wide reach: Reach customers across sites, social media, and devices, with access to our 1,000+ private marketplace deals and 500+ ad exchanges (including Facebook and Google).
Campaign measurement: Our attribution dashboard gives insight into your ad impact, campaign trends, and more.
Clear and shareable reports: Create, schedule, and download custom reports to view your progress and share results with collaborators.
Before You Start
There are a few things you should know and do to ensure you’re set up for success.
- Review Ad Content Guidelines: Read our Ad Content Guidelines ensure that you comply with our ad network partners. Here’s an overview of ad content to avoid:
❌ Adult content
❌ Body images
❌ Other companies' branding
❌ Content intended to shock
❌ Misleading content
❌ Overly distracting images
❌ Messaging that implies knowledge of an individual's personal circumstances
❌ Violence and weapons
For any questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Getting Started Checklist
When you first sign up for your RollWorks account, we'll walk you through setting up your first campaign. Use this checklist to follow along.
Getting to Know Your Business
The more we know about your business and goals, the better we can help you.
- Connect Google Analytics: Google Analytics collects basic data from your website. By connecting your account to RollWorks, we’ll quickly be able to better understand your audience and automatically design a campaign plan based on this information. We'll have read-only access to your website data, which allows us to learn from your site traffic, recommend optimizations, and evaluate how you measure success. Read-only data is data that can be viewed, but not modified or deleted. Don’t have a Google Analytics account? Over time, we’ll make recommendations based on what we learn from your website traffic and campaigns.
- Track Your Conversions: To understand the impact of your ads, let us know what you want your visitors to do when they come to your site. For example, this can be contacting sales, signing up for a newsletter, downloading a piece of content, or submitting a demo request form.
Create a Campaign
- Choose a Campaign Plan
Your target audience isn’t on just one digital channel – your ads shouldn’t be either. We recommend serving ads across social and general web so that you can always be top-of-mind—no matter where your audience is. Based on your site traffic, we’ll recommend a plan for you that you can modify if needed. You can select or deselect channels based on your preferences and integrations. If you haven’t connected Google Analytics, you’ll see our general recommendations for success.
- Set Your Budget
You'll need to set an average daily budget for your campaign. This is how much on average you want to spend on ad impressions each day. Your spend is how much of your budget we actually spend. We require a minimum daily budget of $10.
When you set your average, we’ll aim to spend as close to your set budget as possible. There may be certain days that have better opportunities than others to get you better results. On those days, we may spend up to 20% over your daily budget, but will never exceed your weekly budget.
The following factors influence spend:
1. Your target audience size
2. Variety of ad sizes
3. Bid amount for ad space
Check out our budget tips and recommendations.
- Set Your Campaign Schedule
We recommend that your campaigns run continuously, with No End Date. This allows for you to serve ads 24/7. We require each campaign to run for a minimum of 5 days.
To set specific times to run ads throughout the day, learn more about dayparting.
Generally, ads will be reviewed by our policy team within 24-48 hours. In certain cases, ads may take longer to be approved if a more comprehensive review is required. Learn more about our review process.
- Define Success
We automatically optimize for maximum conversions at the lowest cost. You can either leave these default settings, or you can define your specific metric of success.
Your campaign goal could be to maximize total conversions, clicks, or impressions. Alternatively, you can set a target cost-per-acquisition (CPA), cost-per-click (CPC), or cost-per-1,000-impressions (CPM). For more information, check out these articles:
1. Your Campaign Strategy
2. Bid Strategies
3. Bid IQ: Optimization Made Easy
5. Connect Facebook and Instagram Accounts
To give you access to audiences on social, you’ll need to connect your business’s Facebook and Instagram accounts:
6. Choose Ads
When creating your first campaign, you can create new ads, upload ads, and request a free set of ads from us. Learn more about different ad types and options:
7. Billing and Payment Methods
You’ll be charged weekly for ad spend over the previous week. We will not go outside your weekly budget, but your daily spend will vary. Before launching your campaign, we’ll place a temporary authorization hold on your account to ensure you have sufficient funds. Here are some billing and payment resources:
8. Before You Launch
To deliver ads in Europe, you'll need to comply with various privacy laws. This means showing an approved consent banner to all site visitors in the EU if your company is based outside of the EU, and to all site visitors if your company is based in the EU. Learn more about cookie consent tools.
Make sure your RollWorks pixel is active
After You Launch
General Policy Compliance
To ensure you’re in compliance with our ad network partners, check out the articles below. We’ll also notify you if we have any concerns as we review your site:
- Website Content Guidelines
- Privacy Compliance: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ePrivacy Directive
- Privacy Notice Requirements
We’ll send you an email once your campaign has been approved or if it requires modifications.
What to Expect When You Launch
It takes our technology about 4 weeks to begin to understand the behavior of target audiences on your website and across the web.
Within these four weeks, we’ll learn:
- About your site visitor behavior.
- Which ads work the best across marketing channels.
- How to apply these insights to target high-intent audiences.
To schedule a report:
- Navigate to your Reports tab.
- Choose the report you want.
- Click Actions > Schedule
You can schedule reports based on frequency, as well as share these reports with other stakeholders. Learn more about Reports