Before you start: Contact your Salesforce Administrator
Your Salesforce Administrator must manually create custom fields on your Account object and a Flow to trigger an automation to populate these fields from the related RollWorks Account Data records.
After completing the initial Salesforce Integration setup, RollWorks will automatically create custom objects and custom fields in your Salesforce. With this RollWorks data, you can build reports and dashboards in Salesforce as well as trigger workflows.
While these custom objects and custom fields containing RollWorks data are linked directly to your Account, Contact, and Lead records in Salesforce, you may choose to bring over certain custom fields directly into the Account object to allow for more robust reporting capabilities.
The solution is straightforward - creating a custom field and a Flow to populate the Account fields from related RollWorks Account Data records. Your Salesforce Administrator would complete the following steps to set up the new Account Object.
This example covers how to expose Fit Grade and Journey Stage
Watch the 8-minute video below or continue reading this article for step-by-step instructions.
STEP 1. Create Custom Fields on your Account object
Create a custom field (text) on the Account object for each field on the RollWorks Account Data record that you would like to see directly on your Accounts. In this example, you will create two separate custom fields on the standard Account object to expose Fit Grade and Journey Stage.
To create the custom fields:
- Go to Setup > Object Manager > Account.
- From there, click on Fields & Relationships and select New.
- The data type of the field should be Text.
- Click on Next and save the field after naming and providing details.
STEP 2. Create a Flow to populate the Custom Fields with related RollWorks Account Data
Once you have your custom fields created, you are ready to create a Flow to automate populating your new custom fields using the related RollWorks Account Data records.
- To create your flow, go Setup > Flows and select New Flow.
- From here a popup window will appear to select the type of Flow. Select Record-Triggered Flow and then Create.
Under the Configure Start window, select the following options and click Done:
- Select Object: RollWorks Account Data
- Configure Trigger: A record is created or updated
Set Entry Conditions: All Conditions are Met
- Field: adroll__Account_Id__c
- Operator: isnull
- Value: False
- When to Run the Flow for Updated Records: Every time a record is updated and meets the condition requirements
- Optimize the Flow for: Actions and Related Records
Now the Flow Builder is open and ready to configure.
- Click on the + right below the Start node and select the Decision element.
- Name the Decision and add a Description
Create a separate outcome with conditions for both Journey Stage and Fit Grade. In this specific example:
- For Journey Stage the field should be populated when ANY related RollWorks Account Data record is created or updated with a Journey Stage.
- For Fit Grade, you should only use records that fit your ICP to populate on the applicable Account so you will set additional criteria on the outcome.
Below is the criteria for this custom example that you may edit to meet your individual needs.
|RollWorks data attribute||Custom example|
|Fit Grade||If the related RollWorks Account Data record has an ICP Name of StrategicTAL, then the Account must have company employees of equal or greater than 500 (based on our Account Company Employees field) to populate the Fit Grade. If ICP Name is SMBTAL, then the company employees must be less than 500.|
|Journey Stage||The related RollWorks Account Data record has the Journey Stage populated.|
Once your criteria and outcomes are complete, click Done.
Next, you will assign the Account field values from the related RollWorks Account Data record.
- Access the Toolbox on the left side of the Flow Builder and select New Resource.
Create a Variable called AccounttoUpdate and select the following:
- Resource Type = Variable
- Data Type = Record
- Object = Account
- Click Done.
Once you create the variable, you can assign values based on each decision node.
- Select the + under the first outcome and select the Assignment element.
Populate the following variables for Journey Stage to ensure the flow knows which Account to update and which field, in this case, Journey Stage with the value from the related RollWorks Account Data record:
- Variable: AccounttoUpdate>Account ID Operator: Equals Value: Record Account ID
- Variable: AccounttoUpdate>RollWorks Journey Stage Operator: Equals Value: Record Journey Stage
- Click Done when complete and repeat the same steps for Fit Grade.
Once the assignments are complete, you will create an action to update the Account with the new values from related RollWorks Account Data records.
- Click on the + at the very end of your flow right above End and select Update Records.
- Add a label called Update Account.
- Ensure Use the IDs and all field values from a record or record collection is selected to find records.
- Select AccounttoUpdate under Records to Update. This is the variable that you created in an earlier step.
- Click Done when complete.
Now you are ready to save and activate your Flow. A standard naming convention is recommended, for example, the object that the flow is triggered by and the actions. In this case “RollWorks Account Data Create Update After Save Flow” is appropriate.
STEP 3. Create Reporting Utilizing the New Account Fields
Now you will create reports based on data from the new account fields. Here is an example report created to display the number of Accounts owned by a sales user and their Journey Stage and Fit Grades.
This particular report is filtered on an individual sales user where Account Stage and Fit Score are not blank.